account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't turn on/charge my device

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Can't turn on/charge my device

Mi celular se descargo y se apagó cuando tenia el 60% de batería. En la semana ya lo volvio a hacer 2 veces.

Y en esta ocasión ya no quiere cargar.

Cuando conecto su cargador lo lee y según empieza la carga. Pero no lo carga. 

My cell phone was downloaded and turned off when I had 60% battery. In the week I did it twice again.

And this time he does not want to carry.

When I connect your charger it reads it and as the load starts. But do not load it.

gt

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't turn on/charge my device

Hi @Salvador14, I am sorry to hear about this.

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

Have you tried to force the device to restart?In order to do this, pres and hold the power-key and Volume-up simultaniously until the phone produces a slight vibration. No settings or personal data get deleted during a forced restart. 

The battery of your device may be completely discharged. It generally takes at least 30 minutes for a device with a completely drained battery to show that it is being charged. During this period the screen may remain black and the charging light may not light up to indicate that the device is charging. When the charging icon appears on the screen, you can try to turn on your device. If the battery has been completely drained of power, it can take up to four hours before the charging icon appears on the screen.

Another good idea is to remove the SD card, and then try restarting the device. If the device starts without a SD card, your SD card may be damaged and in need of replacement.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.