account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Can't receive calls in 4G

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Can't receive calls in 4G

I'm using dual sim card in my Sony Xperia XA1 ULTRA. Sim 1 is 4G and Sim 2 is 3G. I can't receive the phone calls in Sim 1. After sliding the receive button the display remains the same and can't receive the call. What's the problem? 

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't receive calls in 4G

Hi @Saubani, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Do I understand correctly that the incoming call is connected, but when you want to answer it, you are unable to do so? If that is correct, is there any change if you put the SIM card in slot 1 in slot 2 instead, are you then able to answer the call (keep the network mode on 4G)?

If you haven't tried that, please do so and let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Sim 1 is 4g whereas Sim 2 is 3G. 

There is no problem in receiving the call in Sim 2. But the problem is in receiving the call in the 4g. After sliding the call receiving button, the ringtone remains ringing and the call buttons get vanished. Thus I can't receive or reject the call. It goes then for a full ring.

I have not interchanged the Sim cards. I think it's a problem in the Phone application. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi again @Saubani!

Could you please try and move the SIM card from slot 1 to slot 2 and then change slot 2 to 4G and see if you then are able to receive calls? I just want to make sure if it's incoming calls on 4G that is the cause, or incoming calls on SIM slot 1.

Thanks!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes... I've interchanged the Sim cards and after that the problem has repeated in the Sim 1.

I was thinking the problem is in the 4G network. But the problem is repeating in the Sim 1, i.e. In the 3G network and the Sim 2 (I.e. 4g) is still running well. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again @Saubani and thank you so much for this information!

Could you please try and restart your device in safe mode and see if there is any change when downloaded applications aren't loaded? They will be temporarily inactivated in this mode, but no data will deleted, so it's only for troubleshooting purposes.

If it is the same in this mode, try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device, so it's recommend that you create a backup with the same program before you start with the repair.

Keep me posted!