account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cable won't stay put in the USB port

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Cable won't stay put in the USB port

Buenas noches, quería comentar que tengo problemas con la entrada del usb del teléfono. Descarté que sea el cable ya que probe varios y ninguno funciona bien, cuando estos mismos cables andan a la perfección en otros celulares. El problema consiste en que no reconoce el cable, salvo en posiciones un tanto incómodas y raras, lo cual me trae problemas para cargarlo. Lo curioso es que, hace varios años, tuve un Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 y tenía exactamente el mismo problema. No tengo más remedio que llevarlo al servicio técnico, pero me gustaría saber si a alguien más le pasó.

Good evening, I wanted to comment that I have problems with the entry of the phone's usb. I discarded that it is the cable and that I try several and none works well, when these same cables go perfectly in other cell phones. The problem is that it does not recognize the cable, except in somewhat uncomfortable and rare positions, which brings me problems to load it. The funny thing is that, several years ago, I had a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and had exactly the same problem. I have no choice but to take him to the technical service, but I would like to know if someone else happened to him.

-GT

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cable won't stay put in the USB port

Hi @RocioLopezOrtiz, I am sorry to hear about this.

Your post has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

Have you made sure that the charger port is free from lint, dust and moisture? A blocked port can prevent the USB connector from fitting properly, and therefore prevent charging. Ensure that the USB port is completely dry, and gently remove any lint or dust using, for example, a wooden or plastic toothpick.

It might be worth checking in order to save you a trip to the service center. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.