account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

After android update 8.0 no sim detected

Apprentice
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: After android update 8.0 no sim detected

Thanks

I tried the link, Sony Support came on chat, 

He said to change or swap the sim, which I did but no luck. Then he said to take backup and use reset factory reset.

I asked will this fix the problem ? but he did not said any but my fault i gone with his suggestion as I pluged & connected Mobile to laptop and through sony application I took backup and then did factory reset. 

After few minutes, mobile started but problem still persisted. I rush to near by service center and to the my shock they denied to take this on under  warranty period(though still 2 month left). They simply said IMEI no not detecting means something has gone wrong by yoy only.

I tried to explain him but he firmed on his decision and was very rude.I realised then after why SONY is not populer in mobile compare to others brand as they avoid and dont understand the customer problem. 

I explained him that my mobile was working until oreo update and whatever i did based on my chat with SONY Online customer support (Gurpreet Singh) but he said we never heard this problem and IMEI not getting reflected. Boss How i know. All this occur after OREO updates and in night only i raised my complaint to SONY online ... I came back as i am travelling today for 2 week.

Very Disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 

Highlighted
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Have your problem solved? I am experiencing the same problem now, well my phone is the regular XA1 though. My problem is almost similar, after oreo update it couldn't receive signal for both simcards. However it works well if only 1 simcard running, what a waste. I hope there is a solution soon. 

Apprentice
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Not yet.

My Phone is with Sony Center now(almost 1.5 Months). They refused to take that under warrenty as they did not beleive that this can be happen due to android update and more over they said to me they found little water(little red colur on litmus) signs so its break the policy for warrenty. luckliy i had purchased full protection plan from OnsiteGo company and now they are dealing with Sony though I have worst experience with OnsiteGo team as well.

You are lucky as your one sim card running.check if IMIE number getting displayed or not. If yes and your phone is under warrenty then dont try anything except to go to sony service center and just say NETWORK not coming. Dont say anything.