account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

The system does not respond

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

The system does not respond

After the release of the new update Android 8.0 Oreo very strongly began to hang the system.The display stops responding, and it only helps to lock and unlock the phone, after which a notification appears that the system does not respond and gives two options: Close and wait.
The phone is completely new and worked fine until the update

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: The system does not respond

@Qwerty0950

It is advisable on major updates (like from Nougat to Oreo) to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

software repair using Xperia Companion did not solve the problem

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I tried this and still the error appear.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Yes. I also be this problem too much.  Sometime machine hang.  I press power button and  again just ok. 

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Screenshot_20180510-104213.png

У мене така проблема,що робити,допоможіть

I have such a problem, what to do, help

GT

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

yupp....

happens with me too... please fix this problem ASAP through software patch update. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Решите пожалуйста поскорее эту проблему. Открываю камеру-система не отвечает

Пишу сообщение-система не отвечает

Смотрю ролики - система не отвечает

Please solve this problem as soon as possible. I open the camera-system is not responding

I am writing a message-system does not respond

I watch the videos - the system does not respond

GT

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I have the same problem. It happens many times a day, and I did repair using xperia companion via computer and still have the same problem. LOL while writing this reply I got the same error. It's annoying.