account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony xperia xa1 plus G4316 and G3412

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Sony xperia xa1 plus G4316 and G3412

I bring my sony xperia xa1 plus G3416 I purchased overseas to the service centre here to repair the loudspeaker issue, it stopped functioning after the phone was accidentally dropped,
the customer staff simply rejected it due to the series differ from what they have in store which is xperia xa1 plus series number G3412,
The staff say the internal component is different, even the adhesive / glue to stick the case is different and he cannot take the risk to ask the technician to fix.

I even told him that i accept the risk, I DIDNT EVEN CLAIM FOR ANY WARRANTY. I WILL PAY AS LONG AS ITS FIXED.
I have googled that the only difference is on ram size, G3416 HAS 3 GB OF RAM AND G3412 HAS 4 GB OF RAM. anything else all the same. Check out the link below as proof

https://www.phonemore.com/compare/phones/sony-xperia-xa1-plus-dual-g3416-vs-sony-xperia-xa1-plus-dua...

HE TOLD ME TO BRING BACK THE PHONE OVERSEAS AND FIX IT THERE.

Its funny that sony cannot repair its own product just because it was purchased from another country.

I have to go overseas again just to fix the phone. I rather go to sim lim square or any 3rd party to repair it.

Despite being sony loyal customer for years, I've purchased headsets, tv, mobile phones.. for the first time, I honestly so DISAPPOINTED with the service that i receive. The staff is not knowledgeable about the sony product, hence they even used iphone and proudly displaying it on their desk.

Great job sony for the "service" .

Any suggestion on what I should do?

Thank you