account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Poor signals with Preferred Network Type as LTE (Preferred)/WCDMA/GSM

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Poor signals with Preferred Network Type as LTE (Preferred)/WCDMA/GSM

I just bought an XA1 Plus. On inserting my 4G SIM, I noticed that it was showing only 1-2 signal bars whereas same SIM on old phone was showing full signal bars.

I noticed that my Preferred Network Type is set to "LTE (Preferred)/WCDMA/GSM". Now If I change the Preferred Network Type to "WCDMA (preferred)/GSM" then it starts showing all bars on the signal. I have tried restarting, resetting network settings but to no avail. 

My wife has an Xperia XZ and with same settings, good signal strength is available on that. So it does not seem to be an issue with network provider either.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
AE3
One time poster
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Poor signals with Preferred Network Type as LTE (Preferred)/WCDMA/GSM

I just got the phone and also having same problem 

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

It's possible that the new bars don't reflect same signals as the older phone.

Always best to check your signal levels using the device information in settings.

ASU and dB values

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I also have the same problem

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

And I have the same.

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@viridis wrote:

Always best to check your signal levels using the device information in settings.

ASU and dB values

Viridis! That seems unlikely as my carrier has facility of SMS notifications in case someone tried to call me but was not able to reach. I am receiving such notifications on a daily basis.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@rohitjpr wrote:

@viridis wrote:

ASU and dB values

Viridis! That seems unlikely as my carrier has facility of SMS notifications in case someone tried to call me but was not able to reach. I am receiving such notifications on a daily basis.

Thanks for that info,

Can you go to settings,about phone, status, SIM status and list: signal strength, network type and get the same info from another device at same time if possible

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I've got same problem. 

Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Same with my Ultra. Could it be a "tower" thing? I live in the boonies. I have to change it back to LTE when I am in a city but if I have LTE turned on I get nothing at home. Go figure...