account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Mic not working on call

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Mic not working on call

When on a call (Sent or Receiving) my microphone doesn't work, the other person cannot hear me.

However if I go to speaker phone they hear me fine.

The microphone works fine in diagnostics.

I haven't downloaded any apps recently.

Is there an easy fix to this?

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mic not working on call

Hi @4021, I am sorry to hear about this.

the XA1 Plus-model has a total of two microphones. A main microphone located at the bottom of the display used in calls and a secondary microphone used for other recordings such as video and calls on loudspeaker. To see where these microphones are located, please see item 4 and item 11 the overview of XA1 plus.

First of all I would suggest that you  check if there is water, dust or any kind of protection such as a protective case or a protective film blocking the microphone or the area around the microphone.

I would also suggest that you use the Tests feature in the Support app to carry out a quick test to check that the loudspeaker is working properly. In order to do this, fins and tap Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Media.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in Safe mode. All apps downloaded from Play store is deactivated in safe mode and by doing this you can see if there is a downloaded app that is causing this. For more information and instructions on how to enter safe mode, please click here. 

If none of these measures work to improve the sound from the microphone I would suggest that you try to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first. 

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.