account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

I can't get the VoLte to work

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

I can't get the VoLte to work

Dear Team

I bought Xperia Xa1 plus from Uae.

When I connect the jio Sim with the mobile then I came to to know about volte.

As per the instructions provide by soney support I tried it but could not find the option of volte in the mobile as it was suggested in the soney support form. 

Further digging in to it it was suggested to activate via *#*#4636#*#*. After using this way I found out that the VoLte slider was not getting enabled.

Kindly suggest what should I do 

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: I can't get the VoLte to work

@Hi102 wrote:

Dear Team

I bought Xperia Xa1 plus from Uae.

When I connect the jio Sim with the mobile then I came to to know about volte.

As per the instructions provide by soney support I tried it but could not find the option of volte in the mobile as it was suggested in the soney support form. 

Further digging in to it it was suggested to activate via *#*#4636#*#*. After using this way I found out that the VoLte slider was not getting enabled.

Kindly suggest what should I do 

I assume yours is oreo go here settings/network & internet/mobile network/Preferred network type/ set to LTE(Preferred)/WCDMA/GSM then restart phone

Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I did the same thing. Changed the preference and restarted, but nothing happened. Its all the same.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Karthik777 wrote:

I did the same thing. Changed the preference and restarted, but nothing happened. Its all the same.

is your sim card 4G supports??

Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Yes, my sim supports 4G.

One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

AIRTEL / Vodafone VOLTE Support

Seems like we r suffering after buying sony mobile. Don't even have a proper VOLTE. Have to use a Jio sim only to get a VOLTE. 

Dear SONY.. 

You should have mentioned on the packaging..

"ONLY FOR JIO VOLTE USERS".

My old lenovo supports it & a sony phone doesn't  

Shame On You Sony!!

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: AIRTEL / Vodafone VOLTE Support

@Rahul1990

I understand your frustration but it's up to the carrier network to work with OEMs to add this feature, don't forget to send your feedback to Sony as this is a global user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Yes they not supporting volte to airtel vodafone.. 

Currently i am using XA1 plus, previously for 1 year i was using XA1 in both the device we are suffering.

Thats true you may write on box only for JIO, so that customers didnt get fool as me. 

Some one had replied that it is service provider's duty.. Then it is wrong

Mostly each and every brand in india is supporting VoLTE.

Even my asus zenfone max pro M1 got update by asus for airtel idea vodafone for volte support.. 

Sony should see the market share in mobile then atlest should support their customers (minority) 

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@BrijeshKodinaria

I understand your frustration but that information it's correct, it is up to the service provider/carrier network. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Then why service providers (airtel vodafone idea) having problem with sony only. might be sony is in minority so they are not supporting right???