account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to hide number and incoming message

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

How to hide number and incoming message

How to hide number and messages 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: How to hide number and incoming message

@Jumar 

that can't be done, you might want to look for other apps that have some sort of stealth mode 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Jumar 

hide number? as to hide your phone number whenever you make a call? 

as for notifications, open the app > settings > notification settings  

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Someone from your phonebook, so that nibody would know whom you are calling or texting, without intention of blocking it 

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Jumar 

no, you probably will need a third party app 

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

With regards to message app and phone nos, how to hide and remain active

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Jumar 

that can't be done, you might want to look for other apps that have some sort of stealth mode 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Jumar, welcome to our forum!

If you want to hide your number for outgoing calls, you can have a look with your operator and see if there is a code that you can type before the number to make it hidden, or you can enable the setting for this in the device by opening up the Phone application > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Settings > Calls > Additional settings > Caller ID.

If you want your number to be hidden when sending a text message, you will need a third party application for this as @uliwooly mentioned, or you can check with your operator if they can assist you with this.

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.