account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 671 of 921
Message 671 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Yeah, but the more standby time you have means the overall battery capacity of the phone is better. So how many hours are you getting when its 100%? its just that simple lol.

Enthusiast
Message 672 of 921
Message 672 of 921

I don't remember, 30th Oct I said.
Enthusiast
Message 673 of 921
Message 673 of 921

ok, hoping you get more.

Pioneer
Message 674 of 921
Message 674 of 921

@JazAmora909 Mine shows in the area of 16 hs. That value is given based on each one's usage pattern and it depends on what services you have running in the background and what you are using 3/4g mainly or wifi mainly for these background services. I know have 5h 44m for 36% battery.
Enthusiast
Message 675 of 921
Message 675 of 921

Usage....really?
Enthusiast
Message 676 of 921
Message 676 of 921

BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE IS ALREADY THERE IN SONY XPERIA XA & XA ULTRA.

I HAVE BEEN TO SONY SERVICE CENTRE  IN DELHI(INDIA) BUT  THEY TOLD ME

THAT BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE IS DUE TO  SOFTWARE ISSUE AND FORMAT MY PHONE AND UPDATE THE SOFTWARE

AND AFTER UPDATE BATTERY DRAIN INCREASES AND I  INSTANTLY SHOW THEM LIVE HOW BATTERY IS DRAINIG FAST(BRIGHTNESS LEVEL AT 50%,NO WIFI ON,NO GPRS ONLY SIMPLY BROWSING THE PHONE) BUT TO MY HORROR

INSTEAD OF PROVIDING ANY SOLUTION HE STARTED ME GIVING EXAMPLES OF SONY Z5(FLAGSHIP PHONE) THAT HE CHRGED IT TO 100% IN MORNING AND NOW AT 5 PM ONLY 7% BATTERY LEFT.SO  CURRNTLY SONY HAS NO SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM AT SOFTWARE LEVEL & THATSWY THEY ARE MAINTAINING A SILENCE EVEN AFTER MANY USERS EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM.

PLS DONT BUY ANY SONY PHONE AND ALSO SUGGEST OTHER NOT TO BUY ANY SONY XPERIA XA  & XA ULTRA 

TILL  THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED BCS WE CANT COMPROMISE WITH BATTERY 

Pioneer
Message 677 of 921
Message 677 of 921

@Carbonatedcheeze Not usage, stand by. At 100% my battery shows 16h left. At 36% it was showing 5h 44m left. Now at 21% shows 3h 33 m left. Of course if I play for 5 minutes it will go to 17% and it will show around 3h.
Enthusiast
Message 678 of 921
Message 678 of 921

No I just wanted to clear this thing. The rating of 16 hrs, is it really based on the usage pattern. I don't think so.
Enthusiast
Message 679 of 921
Message 679 of 921

This is unrelated. But I always wonder if this thing bends lol. Its really thin and is it like the slimmest of the 5 inch phones? i do hope not

Pioneer
Message 680 of 921
Message 680 of 921

@Carbonatedcheeze It is based on behavior. If you clear the data in Stamina Mode you will see that the info will change to something like 24h no stamina and 48h on stamina always on. After a couple of days, you will see left time is adjusting. So, yes, it will take an average of your behavior.