account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Regular
Message 501 of 921
Message 501 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Please share the improvments after 3.74 update in details. We are super excited to hear it. Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 502 of 921
Message 502 of 921

🙋 I have sent an email to GSM arena to do a retest with 3.74 update. THOUGH THEY DO NOT OPEN THEIR INBOXES (I had sent others but unfortunately no replies)

Carbonatedcheeze my spirits are with you on this haha! 

Adviser
Message 503 of 921
Message 503 of 921

I myself do not know how i got SOT over 6hours but today again charged my phone 100% at 7:30am..been using my phone normally 8-9 calls, texting on whatsapp and facebook. Used instagram for 15min i guess. And after 8hours its 70% now
Pioneer
Message 504 of 921
Message 504 of 921

Check now what SOT you have.
Message 505 of 921
Message 505 of 921

So a further update from me: 3 months of having my phone die after 10-12 hours (even not using it) and finally my phone is no longer dying by 6pm. Yesterday I got 16 hours life out of it, from 8am to midnight. Note - this was still only 3 hours SOT. So performance didn't improve much - but the battery stopped draining when the phone was not in use.

If you use Lifelog, make sure you apply the update from the 19th September, as it fixes the bug that stopped the phone entering Doze and will give you more standby time. 3 hours SOT is still not great, but overall this is a BIG improvement for me, it means with careful management I know I can at least make it through a day. If the latest main o/s firmware update improves performance so I get more SOT (as some of you are posting), even better. Just hope custom UK is not two months behind everyone else for this update.

Finally moving in the right direction.

Adviser
Message 506 of 921
Message 506 of 921

Apparently after the update, the SD card keeps on ejecting itself. And it's notification stays on the notification bar. There s has been happening since the update. 3 times in the last hour or so.
Anyone having same problem?
Enthusiast
Message 507 of 921
Message 507 of 921

Sorry have no idea but I have heard that some people are seeing various bugs on latest 3.74 build.
Enthusiast
Message 508 of 921
Message 508 of 921

Sorry not various but I saw another guy who was complaining for the memory card being ejected and then automatically mounting after every 5 or 10 min.
Adviser
Message 509 of 921
Message 509 of 921

12 hours after charging and 2h20min of SOT with normal usage still left 53%. I guess its an improvement Slightly smiling Face
Pioneer
Message 510 of 921
Message 510 of 921

So it looks. Are you on 3g /4g / wifi?