account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Regular
Message 31 of 918
Message 31 of 918

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Tested again XA today.

WIFI on

Charged at night 100%

Morning at 7 AM only 71% remains

Sad something has to be done.

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 918
Message 32 of 918

At 18.38pm after 5/6 game playing my phone is in Stamina mode 15% battery. IMHO it not so bad, the real problem is that if you use APPS where there are a massive engage of the processor and screen too the battery goes down very quickly. Anyway at 18.40 it is not bad... But i hope some thing change in better with the next fix update.

Regular
Message 33 of 918
Message 33 of 918

Battery drain is huge in standby mode even if scanning is disabled. Problem is huge If you keep WIFI on all the time. Xperia z3 compact was beast in terms of battery. Sony has to fix this.

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 918
Message 34 of 918

Il try this evening to understand if is the same for my phone. 

Now 20.10pm my phone has 1% battery. But i think that with an bug fix everything goes ok.

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 918
Message 35 of 918

This night: 100% battery at 1.30am (do not disturb mode and wifi mode on). This morning: 90% battery at 8.30am I don't know if it is normal but my experence with a samsung galaxy alpha is really strange, i had an high drain in the night when my phone is in stand by. But in my experience i can say that my phone change a stand by consumption after upgrade of some apps by google play.Sometimes apps drain in background (like for exeample facebook , play music etc.). So it is possible there's some applications nopt really optimized or fixed. It is a theory...

Inhabitant
Message 36 of 918
Message 36 of 918

any fix from sony pls !!

Regular
Message 37 of 918
Message 37 of 918

I still have problems with the phone. Maybe not that bad like the others, but are some days when the battery drains doing absolutely nothing with the phone. 

Last evening I need the phone to be open, and I choose the ultra stamina mode when I had 16% of battery. After one half of hour, the battery loose 5% doing absolutelly nothing. It becames frustrating! 

And the fact that nowone from official Sony doesn't say anything, its a fact of ignorance. Nowone from Sony Italy doesn't know a thing about any update coming soon. 

X(

One time poster
Message 38 of 918
Message 38 of 918

ohh. I have this problem too. phone loses 70% for 4 h. It was made a few photos, but otherwise he was in his pocket. Google services are disabled, background applications, too. Wi fi and mobile data are not included. I want to cry.
phone at this price should not live so little time, the developers, why you do this to us?
mode STAMINA enabled around the clock, but not helping :с

Learner
Message 39 of 918
Message 39 of 918

Look at it this way the battery is the same size as the m2 and the xa is twice as powerful yet it has the same size battery. Seriously considering getting the xa to upgrade from my M2 in two weeks
Rookie
Message 40 of 918
Message 40 of 918

if your phone still ok, please wait for this problem be solved.. im about to regret my decision buying the XA with this battery drain issue.. i bet my trust on SONY will solve this problem when i purchase the XA even i already knew this issue, and that is what my quick review before buying.. but 2 weeks experience this problem without any formal feedback or plan to solve this problem from sony, i am very frustrated..

the battery drain very quick compared to my 3 years old xperia C that at least stand for a day.. for me i need to standby powerbank if i wanna go out of office..