account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 911 of 921
Message 911 of 921

Re: Baterie!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
Message 912 of 921
Message 912 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Really?  This is a plant. My phone literally went from 32% to 2% in under a hour with just email and one browser on. It literally is draining before my eyes. Never buy Sony. 

Apprentice
Message 913 of 921
Message 913 of 921

Sony Xperia XA massive battery drain massive embarrassment

Sony be embarrassed with themselves. Got on train at 18.00 had 22% battery. 18.20 have 9%. Just email open. Sony Shoukd be embarrassed by this awful phone. 

One time poster
Message 914 of 921
Message 914 of 921

I have a problem with my phone 

One time poster
Message 915 of 921
Message 915 of 921

Screenshot_20170924-221707.png

Here is mine

One time poster
Message 916 of 921
Message 916 of 921

Please help Sony!  I had a entry level dual sim MI Xiaomi phone for 6 months that is smaller then this XA Dual that i bought week ago and the battery on the MI Xiaomi lasted almost 2 days!!! This is a big brand new sony phone and batery doesn't even last me 9 hours!!! If this doesnt get sorted out id never support you guys again because it is clear that with all the above coplaints that you are not doing anything about it.  Disappointed Customer!! 

Adviser
Message 917 of 921
Message 917 of 921

I found the problem. Tried ultra stamina mode and still battery just lasted 8 hours only. Ultra stamina mode eliminates all issues that could be causing the problem except for one. Everything else is disabled. So I changed the one thing, now my xperia xa phone lasts 7 days on single charge! Seems like definite bug in Sony network type polling / switching / handling!

One time poster
Message 918 of 921
Message 918 of 921

@Sol3au Please tell us what that was, and where the setting can be accessed. 

Many thanks. 

Visitor
Message 919 of 921
Message 919 of 921

I have purchased this Phone yesterday, updated to Android 7.0 and yet the battery keeps draining. It went from 55% to 26% overnight with no WiFi and in do no disturb Mode. 

I need a solution 

One time poster
Message 920 of 921
Message 920 of 921

I have an ax1. 7 months old. No problem with the battery till an update a few weeks ago. Now it drains in a few hours even in ultra stamina mode. Have been to service centre twice. They just change the battery, even when I tell them it isn't that. Have just about given up. After many Sonys will be getting something different next.