account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 851 of 921
Message 851 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Plz remove clean master in next update
Talent
Message 852 of 921
Message 852 of 921

Still getting 3.5-5hrs screen time and a day or more from the battery here, on my xa F3111 running customised UK firmware 33.2.A.3.105
Adviser
Message 853 of 921
Message 853 of 921

@Karen88 You should try it again in Airplane mode.

It still amazes me why people still blame it on the battery.

It's just a battery. Same li-on technology as for all brands of phones (apart from Samsung :p)

Chances are It's not a battery problem but something that uses too much of the battery.

(my bet is still on the 4G radio.)

Pioneer
Message 854 of 921
Message 854 of 921

It used to advertise like this (but for 2014 smartphone user's typical condition), now it's not anymore on the official website (or I can not find it anymore Slightly smiling Face ).
Enthusiast
Message 855 of 921
Message 855 of 921

Offtopic but this phone is TOO DELICATE. Got some scratches on the main camera lens. What all I did was to wipe it with wet and soft cloth (and that too for 7 times in total). And honestly cleaning this way does 0 harm on any other phone (including Sony).

This thing is taken care of with a really hard glass (if not sapphire) BUT NOT WITH THE XA.

ALSO it has been just a week after I removed my screen protector and I get scratches though small but would soon make the screen ugly in 2 to 3 months. Again I wiped it around 4 times since I removed the protector but a wet cloth and a really soft one which I always used on m4, m5, xL, xM (m5 is real tough when it comes to camera lense and screen)

And the back ofcourse, everyone knows.

Strictly
My aim is not to complain but make others aware.
Learner
Message 856 of 921
Message 856 of 921

Just go and return it, they will repair it under warranty Slightly smiling Face Just got mine after 4 days, battery is fine, they changed MOBO and battery itself. Now the battery holds the whole day at least.

Enthusiast
Message 857 of 921
Message 857 of 921

Will do it when the conditions get severe, let me tell you I live in India, a place officially defocused by Sony, so any repair, small or big takes minimum 18 days.
Visitor
Message 858 of 921
Message 858 of 921

Hello,

I recenty purchase an xperia XA phone which really dissapoints me with the massive drain battery.

From the first night th battery drained from 51% to 30% (after 6 hours in sleeping mode)!

Cell standby is between 75%-80%!

Please I need a solution to this problem!

@mvolkmann wrote:

Hi Community,

I recently purchased an xperia XA phone. Unfortunately I faced massive battery drains from day 1.

Steps taken prior to using the phone

• charge the battery
  • connect the phone to Wi-Fi
  • download the latest software-updates

Setting up the phone

• insert SIM & SD
  • transfer data and settings from previous phone (xperia M2)
  • restore apps and data from the cloud
  • download the latest app-updates

Observations

• cell is completely charged, not used for an hour -> battery drops from 100% to ~85%
  • battery above 85%, cell is not used for multiple hours during work -> battery drops to ~60%
  • according to the battery monitor main consumption by display and Wi-Fi

At the end of the day the battery never lasts for at least a normal day. I have not changed my use of the phone, i.e. Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Email within the parameters as before. I am aware that the battery of the XA is slightly smaller than the one of the M2.

I have reset the phone back to factory settings already twice without joy. Any suggestions? Help Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 859 of 921
Message 859 of 921

Actually it is not really on the battery nor the android OS rather It is the MEDIATEK CHEAP CHIPSET! You all google it and you all will find. Sony made a mistake on using that MEDIATEK CHIPSET and over powered the 2300 MAH batterry of XA. Cause even when your phone searches signal for your local network provider, the whole CPU is working and that is why day and night, ultrastamina mode or not the battery still drains. YOU TRY AIRPLANE MODE and you will see...

From Philippines here

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 860 of 921
Message 860 of 921

Thank you for your answer.

I will try it and i wiil see if that works!