account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 801 of 921
Message 801 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Im pretty sure its not the battery but the way it is consumed. I think there are two guzzlers. One is the 4G radio hardware that can only be turned off with airplane mode (mobile data-off doesn't switch it off).
The other is keep-wifi-on-during-sleep which should be 'never' otherwise battery drains even when wifi is off.
Pioneer
Message 802 of 921
Message 802 of 921

@humpity Let me disagree with you: in my case (F3111) the hungriest is the screen. I don't have any problem with radio (4G) or wifi, they consume very little as compared to the screen. I agree with "carb", battery is very small (others have placed above 3000 mah in slimmer cases). Sony has chosen "performance" against "consumption" : for a little task of downloading an update to an app and installing it, the phone uses all 8 cores, while others use only 4, and use all 8 only when running "heavy" tasks such as games with high demand on graphics. The chipset is good, but Sony has to optimize running settings, like they did, for example, with lte (we have cat4, it supports cat6) most probably for power saving.
One full charge will never last 24hs with normal 2016 use. Just writting this post "killed" 5% of battery!
Adviser
Message 803 of 921
Message 803 of 921

Thats wierd Roadrunny76, the opposite seems true for my F3116 (33.2.B.2.93).
Im on wifi for 15 mins browsing the forum and its only down from 94% to 93% as i finish this post. It doesnt sound as bad as your case.
Whatever the case, its obvious that a bigger battery is always better, but a software fix (if ever) would be universal.
Enthusiast
Message 804 of 921
Message 804 of 921

Is the battery always that good? How much screen time do you get? That sounds too good to be true..

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 805 of 921
Message 805 of 921

Aren't you people having different build numbers. I have the latest (I believe) 33.2.B.3.105
Enthusiast
Message 806 of 921
Message 806 of 921

My f3115 is still at 2.A.3.81. I always go to xpericheck.com and all the other variants has .105 except f3115.

One time poster
Message 807 of 921
Message 807 of 921

Sony Xperia XA

Recently I bought a SONY Xperia XA swung the battery, but still periodically when using the battery is not enough for 12 hours. If you connect the charger and good load the phone battery is charged and discharged. That is, with a good load phone account recharged three times a day, with aptimalnoy 2 times per day.
Emperor
Message 808 of 921
Message 808 of 921

Re: Sony Xperia XA

@Макс3

Check what is using up the battery and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 809 of 921
Message 809 of 921

Okay I exaggerate! It's more like 2% in fifteen minutes, I just did another test, seeing it was midnight here;

Browsing this forum randomly. Screen on all the time.

hour:min
00:00 60% 4G
00:02 59% 4G
Then I turned Airplane ON (i.e 4G off). Then turned Wifi ON.

Continue browsing.

00:17 57%

With 4G it went down faster, either due to poor reception (2 bars at home) or 4G hardware, (or both).

Emperor
Message 810 of 921
Message 810 of 921

@humpity

Settings > about phone > status > signal strength, most likely it's poor network coverage 

also take screenshots of 

settings > battery > tap on the battery icon > what do you see 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)