account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 791 of 921
Message 791 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Hi QueenJ,

As far as I know the update is available now.  Although somewhere on here there is a message from Sony Xperia Support part of which says 'Note that software rollouts are a phased process-timings, & availability may vary by market/carrier'  Whether this includes updates as well I'm not sure. (I'm with EE)

Since I installed the update, the phone has been charged once and is still in the condition mentioned above.  It is now 90 hours since the charge and the phone is showing 40% battery-life left. Let's hope it continues.

I agree about the Z3 I had a compact and if used very sparingly the battery could last up to 2 weeks.

Surely Sony must have known about this 'fault' so why was the phone released in the first place, and why has it taken so long for a 'fix' to be provided.

Good Luck.

LoBat

Enthusiast
Message 792 of 921
Message 792 of 921

Lobat, is the. 105 update available for the f3115? On xpericheck all the variants have it except this one.
Apprentice
Message 793 of 921
Message 793 of 921

Sorry Jaz, I have no idea.  Perhaps someone else on the forum can give you some information.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 794 of 921
Message 794 of 921

Simply use Xperia companion to check. Also you can use Xperifirm software on PC that helps you download and know the latest firmware for your set.

I had to use Xperifirm to get latest firmware for m4 aqua. Xperia companion was showing no update.

And just telling.. I still have my XA. Sometimes I feel too sad to see the battery level going down like as if its leaking somewhere.. I hate it.. .
One time poster
Message 795 of 921
Message 795 of 921

Xperia XA- battery problen

Hi.
I bought my phone 4 days ago. Unfortunatelly I have huge problem with battery- I shoot down wifi, Facebook and other apps, but despite all of that my phone works only for few hours. The most of battery is eaten by sleep mode (now it is over 90 %). I started to wonder if it is not connected with soft update. I will be gratefull for some
advices
Pioneer
Message 796 of 921
Message 796 of 921

If anybody gets the .123 update for F3111, please share news (if any) to see if there is hope left (although I doubt it).
Regular
Message 797 of 921
Message 797 of 921

Re: Xperia XA- battery problen

sell it...

Pioneer
Message 798 of 921
Message 798 of 921

No, I will keep on charging it twice per day. In about a year the battery will not be as "capable" as a new one, so Sony will have to change it for me. Taking into account that I have 2 years warranty for the entire phone, right before warranty expires I will change once again the battery Slightly smiling Face
Learner
Message 799 of 921
Message 799 of 921

I had same experience as you guys for the past 4 days. Got my XA Ultra last Saturday 12/03/16 and the battery is really draining fast even if I'm just navigating through my app drawer and Settings. What i did is to turn on the Show CPU Usage under the Developer Options in the Settings menu to find out the apps using the CPU. Apps will show up on the upper right corner of your screen . Found out about this app called COM. SONYMOBILE. INTELLIGENT. IENGINE frequently using the cpu. Tried turning on and off some settings and it seems like it's something to do with the Smart Brightness Control under the Display Setting so i turned that option off. It worked, though sometimes it's still showing up but not that often anymore. So the next step i did is to go back to the Develooer Options and turned on the Don't Keep Activities. Next, on the Background Process Limit, i changed it to No Background Processes from Standard. Doing these steps made my battery perfomance better than the last 4 days of having my XA Ultra. Hope this would also help you guys as well.

Enthusiast
Message 800 of 921
Message 800 of 921

Really what does everybody here feels is the cause of the drain. In my opinion there can be 3

⚡ Battery capacity is less - definitely

⚡the second most obvious - - the screen. (if you know how gsmarena had to retest Xperia Z5 battery due to the screen brightness settings(and how bad new rating is) - you would know for sure that how power hungry these displays on Xperias are)+ how much battery will be saved by going down on brightness. ( go check yourself in GSM review of Z5.

⚡again opting for mediatek chip ( which is surely not power efficient) . And then on top of it, it is octacore. Not sure but I don't think we had required this much,,, especially on the cost of battery life.

We can't change the processor- I know but brightness.

Earlier the brightness slider could achieve the lowest point. So it was super power save. But now to get closer we either have to turn adaptive brightness or stamina.

☢️stamina - most people have it on for all time but I really hate that stuttering animations so only turn on at 40%

☢️Adaptive- I am sure very less people would be using that badly done useless option( at least on latest build)

What I want to say is that give that brightness slider full authority so some people who are feeling to go further to save battery can toggle it without any inconvenience any time.

<the above statement is supposed to be in an angry tone>

Won't you agree