account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 761 of 921
Message 761 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

I have this problem dear Carbonatedcheeze

exactly this problem completely like you , also went to Sony service center but no result

Enthusiast
Message 762 of 921
Message 762 of 921

@praveen  its true that sony fails to address the battery drain issue of xperia xa and xa ultra dual also these phoneds have no volte enable/supported whereas in market other brand cheap phones is having volte.Its worthless to disciuss on this forum bcs even after seeing so many posts about battery drain and volte issue sony is neglecting these issues and still dont have permanent solutions.

Soon u will see this type of attitude by sony will lead to reduce there fan following and at last sony has to pack up its business and go out of india.

Enthusiast
Message 763 of 921
Message 763 of 921

also like others i also went to service centre any times but every time they reinstall software and it doesnt solve the issue and finally service centre also dont have any solution 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 764 of 921
Message 764 of 921

Pars987 do you have have any protector? I have that thick glass one. But one more thing----- do this

Open some game so that navigation keys hide down.
Now try to bring them up by swiping on both up and bottom of screen one by one. (to do this rotate phone to opposite landscape so as to check upper panel sensitivity)

I did that and found that rest part of the screen(comparing bottom part in particular) is sufficiently sensitive. Only the area at notification panel is not sensitive.

Though removing the protector may help.. .. sensitivity will still be low..

Just this much (don't want to discuss unrelated topic here)
Inhabitant
Message 765 of 921
Message 765 of 921

The battery drain is proving to be the most annoying thing of this phone: the information from the battery settings is the following :
Cell standby 70%
Screen 23%

When should we expect a solution?
Alj
Adviser
Message 766 of 921
Message 766 of 921

One thing that I noticed was when I was turning Mobile Data off it was still on and I found out from my battery usage that showed me Mobile Radio Active is using the battery for a long time while it was turned off. So after a little bit of search, I found something that shocked me, it's an android bug called " Mobile Radio Active Bug" and it's not just for Sony, almost most of the brands have this bug on android Lollipop and Marshmallow. The Radio remains on even when you turn it off. You can find this article here 
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=190396

To get rid of this bug there is a Module that should be installed on android to turn the Radio off after you turn it off. I installed that and the Mobile Radio Active no longer drains my battery.
You can download that Module here.
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.mobileradioactivefix

Enthusiast
Message 767 of 921
Message 767 of 921

Mine's battery stats is the opposite. Now my screen always shows about 90% used while everything else has very low % (most apps usage dont even show up), only the screen. Ever since this started the battery is draining quickly once again. The phone is now a bit hotter too when browsing.

Message 768 of 921
Message 768 of 921

Carbonatedcheez  Yep.. This also a notable problem in XA..(Notification bar lagged bit while dragging it) But its not depending upon screen protectors.. I already removed my tempered glass and tried..  

Sagar1304  Right.. And all we need is! A good product from Sony always.. But they are not understanding this one Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 769 of 921
Message 769 of 921

Could the "cell standby" be draining the battery because of the second Sim card being under roaming or something?

Should i deactivate the second Sim?

One time poster
Message 770 of 921
Message 770 of 921

I only got my xperia XA a week ago.

I have turned off location i'm in saver mode i've updated the phone also. 

Last night I went to bed with 100% battery got up this morning and it was 60% one of the main easons I bought this was I had an xperia arc s and loved it , but when it was stolen I had to buy a new one so went for this.

The battery life is supposed to be good but I have to take the charger every where I go.