account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 751 of 921
Message 751 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

All the things we can do are given in the 'solution' of this thread. Though the update brings and upgrade I am still not satisfied from my heart. And please do not expect a big improvement, and If you know a bit about flashing ftf, then you can can use xperifirm (software available on xda for free) to get the latest .105 ftf and flash it using flash tool. IF NOT then leave it and wait. @JazAmora909 you can try it if update takes too long. I did it on my old M4 aqua as Sony decided not to send updates on time to India...
One time poster
Message 752 of 921
Message 752 of 921

Just two words to Sony: Recall, refund.

Enthusiast
Message 753 of 921
Message 753 of 921

Will the .105 update eventually come to f3115 at all?

Message 754 of 921
Message 754 of 921

Am I the only one who is using stamina mode always? Winking Face Cheers with kudos Face with stuck-out Tongue

Alj
Adviser
Message 755 of 921
Message 755 of 921

No, you're not alone. 
I have to always turn on Stamina to save battery.

Message 756 of 921
Message 756 of 921

Stamina mode controls all background running apps, So that only we are getting more standby..

However Sony desinged one awesome looking phone with poor battery performance.. So lets stop talking in this forum friends.. Upto my knowledge, there will be no more update to save our battery life.. 

Finally sony missed the chance to get more fans with X series.. Slightly smiling Face

Pioneer
Message 757 of 921
Message 757 of 921

Totally agree!
One time poster
Message 758 of 921
Message 758 of 921

@praveen_androiddev yeah.. So true (y)
Enthusiast
Message 759 of 921
Message 759 of 921

praveen_androiddev

no , you can see Galaxy J5 Prime with battery like XA with low battery usage in standby or other devices with aprx same battery and specs , So , standby heavy battery drain should solve by Sony , you can see battery usagein settings to see heavy idle standby battery usage , So software should fix this annoying problem 

Enthusiast
Message 760 of 921
Message 760 of 921

It is off topic but I could not resist.

Is anyone having XA facing difficulties in dropping down the notification bar. Like many times ( for me almost 90%) I just end up 'search application' when I swipe with any of my fingers except my thumb. Even when using my thumb the success rate is just 60%. It is very irritating. I have a tempered glass though. Maybe.. .