account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 741 of 921
Message 741 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

*after the update for XA (that 105 one) the doze mode surely improves.( when phone left untouched). While observing I had no Sim card therefore the below mentioned endurance is more. But upgrade IS there.

Earlier - consumed 8% in some 9 hours
Now - consumes 6% in 16 hours

Sadly the BATTERY Dies as fast as it used to.

One time poster
Message 742 of 921
Message 742 of 921

Xperia XA CRAZY battery drain after it drops below 50% after 33.2.B.3.81 update

Hello,

I bought my Xperia XA dual sim at the end of this summer and until this update, which I did a couple of days ago, I was happy with it.

For three days straight now, when it reaches around 50% battery life, it suddenly drops to around 20% and then keeps decreasing by 1% every second until its 0 and then turns off.

On those occasions I can check the battery life and it says something like "21% remaining, 8h 21m" but the battery stills drops 1% per second.

Any help would be really welcome as it is quite frustrating.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 743 of 921
Message 743 of 921

Your problem (I am not at all sure) MAY have something to do with battery calibration. And the only solution apart from those performed to calibrate the battery (which are hard and frustrating and risky) is to take it to the center.

Most probably they will exchange it (only after they have done clean installs at least 2 times and problems still persists).

I have now lost all hopes and not even expecting that SONY will do anything. Adjustments.
Enthusiast
Message 744 of 921
Message 744 of 921

@Carbonated. actually the xa's performance vs the iphone 5s is the same when gaming. When i play asphalt 8 for 5 min. i lose only 2% on the xa while the iPhone loses 3%. Thats definitely a good sign.
Enthusiast
Message 745 of 921
Message 745 of 921

Screenshot_20161114-165109.png

Listen just wanted to tell you. The latest update that 105 one. The update does help. What has changed ✅

☢️ the dose mode is much better now. In 16 hours battery lost is about 8-9% (at least for me)

☢️ AND REALLY BATTERY HAS IMPROVED though a little but observable.

See the GSam screenshot below and

✅note the conditions

⭕ mobile data off and network set on Lte/gsm/wcdma preferred

⭕ brightness set to minimum( according to 105 update)

⭕ WiFi on for almost 80% of time

⭕ Downloading movie (batmanvssuperman- 2.4gb) on WiFi for 80% of time. [yes an old movie but still... and also.. .. yes my WiFi is slow]

⭕ screen also mostly on( for 80% of time approx.)

⭕ also played with camera for about 5 mins

So in these conditions,  before this update (according to me) the battery would die in about 7-8 hours. But now it may last 10 hours.

Also note that I have not tried it with mobile data so It is still possible that there is no upgrade in that matter, the battery may still collapse in 5 h of mobile data usage.

So at last I am a little happy 😊

Enthusiast
Message 746 of 921
Message 746 of 921

*above actually.
Enthusiast
Message 747 of 921
Message 747 of 921

Is.105 available for the f3115??
Enthusiast
Message 748 of 921
Message 748 of 921

All the xa variants has it except f3115
Enthusiast
Message 749 of 921
Message 749 of 921

105 doesn't come to my device yet 

F3112 in IRAN

One time poster
Message 750 of 921
Message 750 of 921

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi everyone!
My name is Mina and I'm just new with everything about this. Just recently bought my first sony xperia phone the XA, however it's always been a goal of mine to own an xperia phone so what can I say, dreams do come true lol. Anyway it's been really great using the phone so far as expected. The only problem that I've been having is same as everybody else's as far as I've read here which is regarding the battery of XA that drains as fast as The Flash running. So yeah any help or comments regarding this issue would be appreciated. And I sure hope as well that this software update thing would fix this problem as soon as possible. That would be all. Thanks!