account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Learner
Message 691 of 921
Message 691 of 921

Re: XA ULTRA battery issues

36.0.B.2.109
I just updated it to this a few hours ago, after the latest problem with my battery.
Learner
Message 692 of 921
Message 692 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Any experience on the battery?
Apprentice
Message 693 of 921
Message 693 of 921

I own Xperia XA for almost 3 months now and battery always lasted around 3-4 days (depends on how much WI-Fi surfing I was using). I hava the same experience with huge battery drain after installing the version 33.2.A.3.81 a week ago (I always have Wi-Fi and Data Transfer turned off, so that should not be an issue). But I noticed the problem was with using 4G network and the day before yesterday I switched to 2G network and my battery usage was 6% in 14 hours, and now I switched to 3G network and the usage also seems to be normal. 

So I don't know if that would help to others also, but seems like if you have low signal (I had 1-2 bars on my signal on 4G) the battery usage goes crazy, so it's best you switch to a network taht has a better signal.

Enthusiast
Message 694 of 921
Message 694 of 921

@simka but do you play any games or watch videos?
Apprentice
Message 695 of 921
Message 695 of 921

JazAmora, as the problems started to appear, I didn't watch or play anything and the battery was still draining like crazy. So I stopped doing anything, because I wanted to locate what was causing the problem. And even though I wasn't using Wi-Fi or play any games, the usage was still massive. So I installed Battery Monitor and the only usage that was massive, was Radio Phone category - and I believe that was the signal strength so I wanted to confirm taht theory and switched to 2G and 3G network. That seems to help, but I don't know because there was a problem with our 4G signal or a bug in the latest software update, since I had no problem before this last update.

Pioneer
Message 696 of 921
Message 696 of 921

@SimKa Before the last update, when your battery was lasting 3-4 days, were you playing games, streaming?
Apprentice
Message 697 of 921
Message 697 of 921

Yes, I have been playing games (not a hardcore gamer) but I was playing games and also streaming videos (but also not hardcore, just a normal usage when someone sends a link for something you need to look at or listening to youtube). But I'm mainly a PC user, so I use phone for games and streming videos just when I can't access my PC, that is why I became frustrated with the battery drain since I dont need a phone that can't last more than 1 day without charging.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 698 of 921
Message 698 of 921

3-4 days?! I can hardly believe that! Do you know the SW version with which you could have that battery life?
Apprentice
Message 699 of 921
Message 699 of 921

Right now it's 40 hours from the last charge and I'm still having 79% on my battery. I don't remember the last SW I had on the phone before the update, but looks like the change in network I made helped out. I guess the LTE network here is having some signal problems and so the phone used up more energy to find the strongest signal.

As to 3-4 days reference: as I said, I don't use my phone to play games or watch videos as the first choice, I use it mostly for calls and messaging, but if I'm using apps that need location services (like navigation), I have to charge it more often, but that's understandable.

Pioneer
Message 700 of 921
Message 700 of 921

In that case, it's totally understandable: you don't use it as a smartphone (and when you use it, it discharges fast). You might as well enable ultra stamina. It's the same (only that in black & white if I recall correctly).