account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 681 of 921
Message 681 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Okay, never observed it myself.

Well standby time doesn't mean much to me as there is very less time I leave my phone untouched and when I do its night and its on charging. Though truth is clear, battery life is bad and that reflects (and always will) everywhere, while gaming, taking pictures, at standby or just merely swiping around.
Pioneer
Message 682 of 921
Message 682 of 921

@Carbonatedcheeze I agree with you in all aspects!
Enthusiast
Message 683 of 921
Message 683 of 921

queen868@ I want to inform u that 2 days back sony has already released the new update i.e 36.0.B.2.0.109 & like you

i was also expecting battery backup improvement but nothing has changed ,post update there is more battery drain

as compared to before update.Also after update u will notice that sony has decreased the brightness means the                                  brightness of the screen which u will get at 50% brightness level after update the same brightness is achieved when u                        set the brightness level to 80-90% .Pls post your experience post update .

One time poster
Message 684 of 921
Message 684 of 921

Slightly frowning Face It is realy disapointing. I m from Bangladesh. My Wife gifted me a XA Ultra DUAL because of my photography skills. But the Battery is really making life hard. Really need some solution. plz any1. if there is no solution Sony should replace this sets ASAP. I m genuine sony lover but this is making me hate them.

Enthusiast
Message 685 of 921
Message 685 of 921

DANSHU@   U R RIGHT THE BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE IS HARDWARE RELATED AND SONY IS UNNECESSARILY WASTING TIME BY TRYING TO FIX THIS ISSUE THROUGH SOFTWARE UPDATE.THEY SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE 

THIS BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE TO BE HARDWARE RELATED AND SOON THEY SHOULD REPLACE THE PHONES

Enthusiast
Message 686 of 921
Message 686 of 921

I think sony went a little overboard on the xa. They should have made it only quad core. Even that is fast enough and surely more efficient on battery. Theyre too caught up in the number games for great specs. Somewhat like samsung. Heck even quad core pcs are already ridiculously fast.
Enthusiast
Message 687 of 921
Message 687 of 921

JAZAMORA909@ WE DONT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THE SONY R&D TEAM & DESIGNING TEAM DECIDE ABOUT PHONES

WHETHER TO GO FOR QUAD CORE OR OCTA CORE PROCESSOR BUT IT IS CLEARLY VISIBLE

THAT WHATEVER PHONE THEY ARE RELEASING WITH WHATEVER BE THE BATTERY CAPACITY

THEY ARE NOT TESTING BATTERY ENDURANCE AND THEY ARE CLAIMING FALSE 2 DAY BATTERY                                    LIFE.ITS SAD THAT SONY IS UNABLE TO FIX BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE IN MOST OF ITS PHONES.

Enthusiast
Message 688 of 921
Message 688 of 921

Did the m2 aqua used to have the same price as the xa now? Its considered a mid range phone. But still it has way better battery and way more practicality than the XA. Sony just bloated the xa specs with bigger numbers to make it look nicer (quad core vs octa core). If a quad core can run a powerful pc just fine why go for 8 cores on a small mobile phone? This purchase is my biggest disappointment of any product/device I owned, as I refuse to listen to the people in the forums/internet and just take a gamble on the battery thinking its just a temporary problem. This one's on me though because I was too impatient.

Learner
Message 689 of 921
Message 689 of 921

XA ULTRA battery issues

Ok, so I got myself an XA Ultra just 2 months ago, and now the battery already seems to be playing games with me. The most common case is when the battery hits 15%, which enables stamina mode, but then it begins to rapidly drop (at a rate of 1% per every few seconds) to 0%! And just before I wrote this post, the battery was at 20-ish%. I opened up a video online, and all of a sudden it drops to 0% in an instant! Can someone please enlighten me as to what is going on please??
Enthusiast
Message 690 of 921
Message 690 of 921

Re: XA ULTRA battery issues

ACE07@  CAN U MENTION UR SOFTWARE VERSION