account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Message 661 of 921
Message 661 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

I've checked my Xperia XA yesterday. If the phone is on standby and only on standy, the battery is drained in 36 hours. No usage what so ever, no screen on, just on stand by. This is just terrible.

I also have a Xperia Z3 and the battery of this phone is drained in 120 hours (5 days)!! if only on standby. Normally I use my Z3 lot more than my XA and still this battery life is twice the battery life of the XA. 

Enthusiast
Message 662 of 921
Message 662 of 921

Another question. Does enabling image enhancer like mobile bravia engine affect battery life?..

Enthusiast
Message 663 of 921
Message 663 of 921

Yes, most probably. And they are not even any good either. Sony's guide to battery saving includes switching them off.

@jazz

so ...... What have you thought about your Xa , going to return it or you are liking it.

Learner
Message 664 of 921
Message 664 of 921

Thank you for the comment. I felt the same, when I slightly use my xa, and looses 50-60% of the battery during the day, but I never had the chance to make that test. Sony should really fix this.
One time poster
Message 665 of 921
Message 665 of 921

I have an XA Ultra and I've been hearing that there'll be a battery fix when an update comes out, because as it is now I have to charge the battery three times per day. Can the XA suggestions also be used for the XA Ultra in the meantime? And would the new update really fix the battery problem 

One time poster
Message 666 of 921
Message 666 of 921

Last update...

Why does my battery get so much faster low since the last update?
Enthusiast
Message 667 of 921
Message 667 of 921

@carbonated. I kept it. The sony service centre re updated mine through that Emma program and i think battery is a bit better.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 668 of 921
Message 668 of 921

@jazz - I told you. L and XA have almost same life but problem is that you would do more heavy tasks on XA as it is capable to do.

@queen868 - It is very unlikely that any future update effects battery. Because if it was possible they would have already done it.

And don't think they all ( XA and XA ultra) are faulty. It is just that Sony made them that way. I know we deserved more for that price but there are other devices that perform even worse. They both perform more than what is expected in other fields. Really.
Enthusiast
Message 669 of 921
Message 669 of 921

Very true.. I just did my own test on my xperia l and xa by playing hungry shark for 5 min. and both drained the same pctg at 3%. Anyway, what is your standby time in the settings when fully charged 100%? I only got 24 hours, what's yours?

Enthusiast
Message 670 of 921
Message 670 of 921

I told earlier, I will get my XA back on 30th Oct or maybe late.

So by my experience the standby time which is displayed in battery info in settings is based on (by my exp) - Only the settings of the phone like,- brightness, stamina, backlight duration,etc. This standby time doesnt calculate your usage of apps ( the ram they consume in background)

Therefore if you and I tune the settings equal, this rating would be same.

You better go with gsam battery saver( most probably you already have it)

And let me tell you, as I also have m4 at my home that has just 100 mah more, that its standby rating in settings is always much more than my XA.