account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 651 of 921
Message 651 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

okay fine.....
Enthusiast
Message 652 of 921
Message 652 of 921

This phone is the perfect example of style over substance. One of the more disappointing things I purchased. I still cant believe I fell for its looks even when the battery dies twice everyday. I didnt even bother playing games anymore because i have to be mindful of the battery. Not fun at all.
Enthusiast
Message 653 of 921
Message 653 of 921

Just telling. I know you got to make a quick decision (7 days you said) my friend. But as I have both XA and XL I can say from my experience that difference between endurances is very less and in now way (in comparison to L) as pathetic as you have expressed. (I am not saying that you are lying, read on)

Some people (they did not seem to be fools) at XDA told me (or discussed) that the battery will perform bad when brand new. And after some charge-discharge cycles it will reach its max potential.(that may be your case).

Though people like me and roadrunny are still unhappy with its 'max potential' ,it should be noted that we are heavy users and your case should be a bit better.

Also have you fully updated your XA.
And listen not all is bad, XA charges much faster than your Xperia L.

It all up to you, I am nobody to tell you.

Though I have myself felt Sony losing in this sector. Sony ruled when there was just apple as the competitor. Now it is easily felt how Sony is using cheap materials and and flat simple designs to cut down on costs in hopes to compete.

'Attention to details' is simply gone ( compare design and detailing in Z2 vs XZ )

Good luck.
Inhabitant
Message 654 of 921
Message 654 of 921

Battery & Internal storage  is most important features of a mobile, like body & soul of a human. It is very dishertening that both of them are poor as far as Xperia XA is concerned.  Battery: Sony claimed 2 days battery life (masked under so many hidden circumstances). No body belived for 2 days but I strongly belived (being a Sony fan) that this 2300 mAh will last a full day under moderate use ( reason for the belief - Its Sony). But like every body I disappointed, mainly for the unreliability of Sony. Sony can't be compaired with chinesee phone but like to mention that Redmi 3S prime honestly& clearly  claimed only' 2 days battery life under moderate use', though the battery is 4100mAh.  Internal storage : purchased this after knowing that the internal memory is 16 GB. But I never dreamt that Sony will infiltrate several apps in to the storage at the cost of mine, which I can't delet.Why Sony, its my phone..I pay for this then why I should suffer for your greed. The most disheartning  part is Every XA buyer will think twice before buying any Sony product in future. Sony has lost The reliability..the goodwill..the affection in large extent for this XA. I know many will not agree with me but Sony has relaised it, so they very quickly slashed the price (In India from INR 21,000/- to 17,000/- within 3 months) Again for this action of Sony, we (who loves/loved Sony) early buyer suffered most.

Enthusiast
Message 655 of 921
Message 655 of 921

@Bapi67 Sad how theres so much truth your comments has...Do you think Sony realized the defects thats why they dropped the price quick? In my country they also dropped the price of the XA.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 656 of 921
Message 656 of 921

You can very well see what is happening with xperia X, especially in the U.S . It got price cuts minimum 5 times and now can be purchased at some 385$. In In India too its price dropped from 48,000 to 37,000. In that sence anyone who buys a Sony little early is a fool.
Pioneer
Message 657 of 921
Message 657 of 921

We, Sony fans, should learn this: buy (and that is if we will buy Sony smartphones again) after minimum 4 - 6 months after launch, because just then the price will be near real value of what Sony can offer nowadays. A couple of weeks ago I was tempted to order the XZ (and give the XA to one of my kids), but, having the experience of XA, I decided not to. Excellent choice (I would say) taking into consideration the problems users have with XZ.
One time poster
Message 658 of 921
Message 658 of 921

Sony xperia xa massive standy cell time drain bug or?

bought my XA 2 weeks ago,  and after updating to the latest  .81 firmware i noticed massive cell standby time percantage draining my batter,  so i dont know is it bug or,  so i need your help. 

Screenshot_20161020-154115.pngStandby cell time

One time poster
Message 659 of 921
Message 659 of 921

Hi,

Has this software update rolled out the UK yet?

Thanks,

Zac

Message 660 of 921
Message 660 of 921

When can i expect the new software update? I'm living in The Netherlands.