account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Learner
Message 641 of 921
Message 641 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Battery is worse since latest update not acceptable
Ar9
One time poster
Message 642 of 921
Message 642 of 921

In Bangladesh here I also faced the same problem with my new Xperia xa. Battery discharging so fast. So for Bangladesh when Sony will release their latest software version or fix this issue.....
Enthusiast
Message 643 of 921
Message 643 of 921

I cant believe I actually bought this. After spending many times in this forum second guessing about the battery, I actually thought it was solved in this latest .81 update. Not. Too sad. My xperia L does way better. Another reason why I bought this is because I thought im pretty sure it should last more than the L because of the bigger 2300 mah battery. Does anybody suggest a refund? I got 7 days product replacement..Anguished Face

Visitor
Message 644 of 921
Message 644 of 921

Same thing here. Went to bed at 02:30. Battery was 100%. Woke up at 08:30. 21% Left.

WiFi was off, Stamina mode was on. Mobile Data was off, stopped multiple apps. Even turned off LED Notifications.

Thats an drain of 79% in 6 hours while the phone was in sleepmode/idle. This is not acceptable!

Enthusiast
Message 645 of 921
Message 645 of 921

I think yours is too much. Did you turn off wifi scanning? press the three dots on the wifi menu and press turn off wifi scanning.

Pioneer
Message 646 of 921
Message 646 of 921

@JazAmora909 Now you are convinced that I was always writting the truth? You did not believe a lot of things in this topic. You, and others, thought we were trolling!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 647 of 921
Message 647 of 921

I will have to ask you (as I will get my XA back on 30th Oct, Don't ask why ...its a painful story) .

@roadrunny I believe you have fully updated XA

So have you experienced any improvement regarding battery in those recent updates, even 0.1%

So when I get it back I know what to expect.
Pioneer
Message 648 of 921
Message 648 of 921

@Carbonatedcheeze The only difference I have noticed is that Doze is working and overnight you might get a 1% less discharge in 6 hours of phone iddle. So, no difference whatsoever, because during day you won't get Doze unless you leave the phone alone, untouched, unmoved for at least 1 hour, 1 hour and half (my experience) - and that's not my case. I have noticed no other change (+ or -) for my usage.
Enthusiast
Message 649 of 921
Message 649 of 921

Does a 7 day replacement mean i can get a refund? Or I have to get another xa for replacement? I bought this from a sony store.
Visitor
Message 650 of 921
Message 650 of 921

Like i said, WiFi is off. Software is fully up to date too.