account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 611 of 921
Message 611 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

14 hours with 33.2.A.3.81.

Not so much has changed for me so far.

Phone was on Stamina for 5 hours, yet it didn't use Doze at all. I think my problem is that. Phone doesn't use Doze mode. As you can see in the system battery tab, I don't use much apps. There are only Screen, Cell Standby and Phone Idle. Screen brightness was about 40% level. I just played Auralux 2 for 15 minutes. And I've done a software repair with PC Companion and this is the first use after the reset. 

(http://i.imgur.com/Bkkmumg.jpg)

XA 33.2.A.3.81

Learner
Message 612 of 921
Message 612 of 921

August security patch update solved my battery issues. The phone doesn't overheat anymore and I was able to get a full day of use with a little over 4 hours on screen time. And I use my phone regularly throughout the day.

Enthusiast
Message 613 of 921
Message 613 of 921

@Roadrunny I actually read yout post here about you being able to watch youtube videos for 20 minutes with only 1% of your battery left, while using chrome/browsing the internet took you only 10 minutes before battery dies. If thats not software related, I dont know what that is. Sounds like all these issues about the battery are mostly in the software or apps used..

Pioneer
Message 614 of 921
Message 614 of 921

@JazAmora909 correct for the youtube part (Davethesaint got 16 minutes), over wifi. For browsing, I said 3-4 minutes with last 2%! That was valid for. 73, is valid for. 92. I don't know yet about. 81 (I'll get it tonight, most probably - I never do it through companion, I just wait for my carrier to push it).
Enthusiast
Message 615 of 921
Message 615 of 921

hi  every body in this forum talking about software versiomn of 33 &34 but in my phone(purchased on 5th oct 2016 in INDIA) it is showing model to be F3216 & build no. to be 36.0.B.1.111 but still battery drain issue persists,when wifi is on the bayyery drains very quickly also VOLTE is disabled and also some applications like skype is not getting moved to external storage,showing error not enough space while i have ample space in my sandisk 128 gb memory card 

Pioneer
Message 616 of 921
Message 616 of 921

@Sagar1304 In this topic we discuss XA. You have XA Ultra dual sim, correct?
Enthusiast
Message 617 of 921
Message 617 of 921

yes

Learner
Message 618 of 921
Message 618 of 921

Doze mode increases the temperature of the battery.

How can this be?

SW .81

Spoiler
doze drains battery

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 619 of 921
Message 619 of 921

As some of you have already noticed, we have started rolling out a new software update for Xperia XA and Xperia XA Dual that improves the battery performance. The version number is 33.2.A.3.81 for XA and 33.2.B.3.81 for XA Dual.

In case your phone uses more battery than expected, please try to update your phone to this version using Xperia Companion or from Settings -> About phone -> Software update.

Some of the improvements in this update are:

• General performance and stability improvements.
  • Battery performance improvements.
  • Improved performance when moving apps to the SD card.

Note that software rollouts are a phased process – timings & availability may vary by market / carrier.

To further reduce battery usage the following tips can help:

• Update your Xperia™ device to a new software version using FOTA or Xperia™ Companion.
  • Turn off Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® when you don't need these features. You can turn them on and off more easily by adding the Quick settings widget to your Home screen.
  • Uninstall and disable applications that you are not using.
  • Disable Wi-Fi® scanning.
  • Remove all widgets in Home screen that you are not using.
  • Adjust the Brightness level in the Display settings menu.
  • Set the Sleep in the Display settings menu.
  • Enable the Smart backlight control in the Display settings menu.
  • Enable the Adaptive brightness in the Display settings menu.
  • Disable the Image enhancement in the Display settings menu. 
  • Use the STAMINA mode, Battery optimisation and whitelist applications that should be allowed to send or receive background data traffic. 
  • Disable Keep Wi-Fi® on during sleep
  • Disable Email push of emails for all accounts.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 620 of 921
Message 620 of 921

This text is not the answer to my question.