account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 601 of 921
Message 601 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

Battery dropped 30% after 8 night hours on B.3.81. Before B.3.74 it was about 10% in same scenario. I don't see any improvements
One time poster
Message 602 of 921
Message 602 of 921

xperia xa ultra battery fast drain 21hours capacity only

please help me on this give me a tips i alredy reset my phone and same problems i encountered.
Apprentice
Message 603 of 921
Message 603 of 921

Re: xperia xa ultra battery fast drain 21hours capacity only

It obviously depends what you're doing with it; if you've got the screen on constantly, it's going to drain pretty quickly, for example. 

I found my handset didn't last long when I first got it, but now I've set the screen brightness to something sensible, set the screen to turn off after 30 seconds (and turn it off myself when I've stopped looking), and set location to battery saving...it is easily getting me through the day with no problems. Try checking those three things first, if you haven't already?

I can't make calls reliably, but hey, that's not what phones are for nowadays!

Emperor
Message 604 of 921
Message 604 of 921

Re: xperia xa ultra battery fast drain 21hours capacity only

charge the phone 100% once it has drained to 10% 

Settings > battery > tap on the battery icon > check what has drained your battery 

also

settings > about phone > status > signal strength 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 605 of 921
Message 605 of 921

the reson why your phone may of charged quickly is due to quick charging or having your XA on airplane  mode, both of which can charge your phone quickly. 

Visitor
Message 606 of 921
Message 606 of 921

The best option you have is

-to reduce your screen brightness

-use a black wallpaer (as there is very little resultion of your display to optimse)

-Uninstall unsessary apps and bloat ware (like the AVG pre-installed with the phone) 

-lower the screen time out time (i changed mine to 1min)

-turn off excsesive vibrations as that can eat up your battery (E.G the typing or touch vibration)

-turn of any excssive background processes like the smart light controll (in the display setting)

EXTRA:

-For me using the google now luncher seemed to help with the battery issue as my phone seemed to of had lasted longer using that luncher.

by doing this it made my battery a whole lot better as on 100% i went to 97% or 96% in 2 hours when my XA was in sleep mode (inactive) and lost aprox 1%-3% on avrag use with in a couple of minutes (about 4-7 min's aprox), but overall it may or may not work for you as it did for me.

however best of luck. sam

Adviser
Message 607 of 921
Message 607 of 921

After the new update, battery backup 🔋 has improved a lot, I can easily go for a day with a single charge and CAMERA & performance of this phone is the best that i have seen in this segment, REALLY SATISFIED NOW 😊
Regular
Message 608 of 921
Message 608 of 921

It's rather off topic.. but does anyone here use the UCH12 Quick Charger? How fast does it charge? And does it show anything on the screen while charging - like 'Charging Rapidly' on some other phones..?

And it seems the new update does help battery life, a bit.

Commissioner
Message 609 of 921
Message 609 of 921

33.2.A.3.81 update is working flawlessly so far updated via Xperia companion and improvements with battery life and usage in both stand by and during use. Updated security patch to 1st August and no sdcard problems this time. Nice work @sonyxperia
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 610 of 921
Message 610 of 921

@Aidylucas are you sure about it. Just for comparison assume that the battery lasted 100 mins on .93 so now according to you for how long it lasts now on .3.81 update.