account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 531 of 921
Message 531 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

To Explain. Consider this ⤵️

If earlier the battery lasted 100mins

⭕ - > now After the update it lasts 104 mins.

But listen I haven't got much time to observe. So..
Enthusiast
Message 532 of 921
Message 532 of 921

@JazAmora909

Do you now want me to post here my photo with my phone as well as its bill. How can you even think that I don't own the phone.

And as far as the update is concerned. I really do not observe any improvement. (just one thing - the battery now drains less when not in use)

One more thing. I peacefully ask you, DO YOU USE UC BROWSER, Because I use it and it is known to drain a lot of battery. So that may be the reason.
Pioneer
Message 533 of 921
Message 533 of 921

@JazAmora909 Do you consider 2-2.5 hs SOT excellent battery time when phone is used for around 14 hs from 100% to 1%??? This phone is claimed with high battery life and a lot of us charge it twice per day!!!
Enthusiast
Message 534 of 921
Message 534 of 921

And let me tell you, I and my family members have always trusted Sony (used xm, xl, xm2, xm4, xm5, xt2, xc4, xz5) though I never got to use the z5 or the M5.

But this time It is well below expectations.

And can you tell me your complete usage pattern.

My 1% battery even after the update lasts 4 mins when just browsing on 3G in lest brightness.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 535 of 921
Message 535 of 921

*least
Enthusiast
Message 536 of 921
Message 536 of 921

Though let me make it clear, I have updated my phone just 1 day back so to say anything solid is difficult. It may be more than 104.
Inhabitant
Message 537 of 921
Message 537 of 921

I've updated my F3111 3 days ago and 33.2.A.3.74 really improved battery. There isn't huge difference but now I'm satisfied with my phone. I used to get 100% to 5% with 3h screen time and 12h total. But now, after almost the same usage, I got 35% left. Phone now lasts more than 16h and I think this is an improvement. 

I'm not saying with this update eveyone will be happy and you will stop checking this thread but this is an improvement guys. And with 7.0, battery will probably improve little bit more too. But you need to understand that there is no way to get you 2 days battery life. But you will stop charging it in the middle of the day.

If earlier the battery lasted 100mins, now it lasts 135 mins. 

Btw I haven't experienced any error related to SD card.

Just multiply the stats with 4.

231.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 538 of 921
Message 538 of 921

Now see this Screenshot_20160924-192519.png

Inhabitant
Message 539 of 921
Message 539 of 921

It depends on the usage. My point is "battery improved". I was getting 12h before the update, now 16h. Someone who use the phone more than me and gets 6h, with update probably get 8h or something like that. Same way someone who gets 24h, now will get 32h. There is a person who gets 6h screen time and I have no idea how s/he doing that. I said that this update doesn't make everyone happy but it is a sign that Sony working on this issue. Weeks ago I was losing 85% battery with 45m screen time in 6 hours. But now I can get 16h. Obviously you use your phone more than me or maybe something physically wrong with your phone. But this update improved my battery life and that is all I can say.

Enthusiast
Message 540 of 921
Message 540 of 921

Okay fine. But tell me what you do with your phone. I think browsing on 3g and little bit gaming like coc and dead trigger 2 (for 30mins) cannot discharge 39% battery in 2h 54 mins