account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 511 of 921
Message 511 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

I will download the update tomorrow as pc companion consumed all my data and still update failed. I am so much excited.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 512 of 921
Message 512 of 921

Mostly on 3G. I don't know what changed but still i think one can normally get 16hours of battery life out of one charge and thats not bad..my xperia Z3 compact usually lasted 14-18hour so i am satisfied with this now 

Pioneer
Message 513 of 921
Message 513 of 921

I stay 11-12 hours daily on 4g
Enthusiast
Message 514 of 921
Message 514 of 921

2016-09-22 16.01.50.png 

This is my last charge After the last update. I'm sure that nobody can say there's no an a battery improvement.

Learner
Message 515 of 921
Message 515 of 921

No it does not bring
Inhabitant
Message 516 of 921
Message 516 of 921

xperia XA: massive battery drain

facing Slow charging and faster discharging issue After New Upgrade 33.2.B.2.74

Enthusiast
Message 517 of 921
Message 517 of 921

ACCORDING TO ME

⭕ There is just a minimal improvement in battery. That much would have not even got traced if they had done it secretly without update.

⭕ One thing that is a upgrade IS THAT NOW SOFT KEYS DO CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE THEMES.

⭕ AND a downgrade is SD card AUTO-EJECTING and then remountin again at regular intervals (NOTE - I FACED THIS PROBLEM ONLY ONCE but some other report more frequency) - - - though a clean reset helps (people said on other posts)
Pioneer
Message 518 of 921
Message 518 of 921

You did the update with card inserted or without the card?
Enthusiast
Message 519 of 921
Message 519 of 921

With the card inserted. All time. Bus as this happened only once, I would do anything till the time it happens again.
Enthusiast
Message 520 of 921
Message 520 of 921

@roadrunny what are your views about the update

Have you experienced any improvement

I was kind of sure that something would happen (reading comments) , but I felt nothing.

⭕ maybe I should let the XA go through some more charge-discharge cycles......what do you think