account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 491 of 921
Message 491 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

@issahil wrote:
I think there is improvement Slightly smiling Face
Updated yesterday and today at 9:00am it was 100% charged...on wifi most of the time and for 2hours on mobile data 3G. Screentime around 5h20 min which includes watching few episodes. Few texts on whatsapp whole day. Used instagram for a while and checked Facebook and mails too. 5-6 calls amd now its 16%.. Not bad Slightly smiling Face

I charge 100% the phone, 16 hours of use and stand by , 2.32 hours SOT, used with games and Internet and Instagram, some calls and whatsapp. The news is that you can rotate the screen interface like a tablet, a new sound when you conect the usb AC Adapter, and other things... But the battery improvement it is evident.

Enthusiast
Message 492 of 921
Message 492 of 921

@carbonated Any update on yours? Seems like everyone here is happy now.
Adviser
Message 493 of 921
Message 493 of 921

This makes me happy Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling FaceScreenshot_20160921-214834.png

Learner
Message 494 of 921
Message 494 of 921

After a format that Sony recomended for me everything was fixed... The battery lasts a day with full use gaming sociating etc..., and i use my phone all the day long😁
Learner
Message 495 of 921
Message 495 of 921

Install the latest updates for the f3111. Prior to this, the battery until the end of the evening did not like not survive. I had to charge 2 times a day. Plugged been charged pretty fast. Now, after installing the latest updates. The battery discharges faster and dabavok from city began charging the phone longer at times. Well, it's really sad. We had to take z3 compact.
Enthusiast
Message 496 of 921
Message 496 of 921

With new update Charge 100% battery . After 2 hours and with  30 minutes screen ON battery still at 90%.

Pioneer
Message 497 of 921
Message 497 of 921

@issahil How did you get the over 6h SOT? Give us some stats. I got no update yet, still on.93. Yesterday 14.5 hours from 100 to 1 % with 2h 40m SOT, using it a lot less than usual.
Adviser
Message 498 of 921
Message 498 of 921

Hi XA users, I've received 788.4MB update for build # 33.2.B.3.74.

Does this bring any improvement in the battery life? It's not worth updating if battery problem persists as all the internal memory will now be eventually used up with this update. I'm on .93. Please share your experiences with this new update.

Many thanks. 

Enthusiast
Message 499 of 921
Message 499 of 921

So here Is my story.... PC COMPANION IS BAD. USED UP MY 2 OR 3 GBs and update failed.

THANKFULLY JUST TODAY I HAVE RECEIVED THE UPDATE ON MY PHONE ITSELF 788 MB.

I WILL REPORT BACK HERE AFTER I UPDATE AND OBSERVE. Though I believe improvements will be there..

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 500 of 921
Message 500 of 921

πŸ™‹ I have sent an email to GSM arena to do a retest with 3.74 update. THOUGH THEY DO NOT OPEN THEIR INBOXES (I had sent others but unfortunately no replies)