account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 471 of 921
Message 471 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

And SOT was a bit above 5 hours
Enthusiast
Message 472 of 921
Message 472 of 921

@themacedon wrote:

I dont believe that this update is going to bring any significant improvement of the battery life. I believe that it will iron some bugs, increase security update date, and maybe it will bring up to 2-3 % battery improvement, but boy, I wish I am wrong on this one.

Anyway it would be nice if anyone can provide a change log of this update.

Actualy it can bring improved talk time. On GSM Arena standardized test, Meizu M3 Note with same chipset has talk time of 43.5h from 4.100mAh battery. If Xperia XA had the same capacity it would die after 22h. Amost twice as fast as Meizu. So maybe this is one of the areas where significant improvement can be made.    

I don't understand... HTe Xperia Xa have an a 2300mha battery ho w you can compare it with a 4100mah battery phone. Anyway there's some different process from phone to phone it is ridicolous make a comparison.

Message 473 of 921
Message 473 of 921

I still don't know how anyone can reach 5 hours SOT... If I have my phone in Stamina mode and don't do any demanding tasks it will be lucky to reach over 3 hours.

Anyway, news of this new 'update' has got my hopes up for further improvements...

@ mtwainone care to elaborate on this 'word from Sony' you got? Do you have a special contact there?!!!

Regular
Message 474 of 921
Message 474 of 921

I am not compairing. I sad IF. If XA had the same battery it would had significantly better times, which means that Sony had allready better optimized android, for web browsing and video playback. The only area where it significanly lack is call time. 

And yes I agree with you that every phone might have different process that run in the background. However I dont agree that there are so much process that can justify 50% worse call time, and better web browsing and video playback time.  

Enthusiast
Message 475 of 921
Message 475 of 921

Will anybody tell me how big is this latest update. I need to know the size.
Pioneer
Message 476 of 921
Message 476 of 921

Enthusiast
Message 477 of 921
Message 477 of 921

(thanks for the link)

So 791 my, right. That should do something.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 478 of 921
Message 478 of 921

*mb

Somebody comments there that he/she is getting 30mins for 6%

Pioneer
Message 479 of 921
Message 479 of 921

Also stating little improvement Slightly frowning Face
Enthusiast
Message 480 of 921
Message 480 of 921

@carbonated what does that mean? It loses 6% of battery in 30 min?