account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 321 of 921
Message 321 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

@Davethesaint wrote:

@Bapi67 wrote:

I think battery  will not improve..bcz this is a hardware problem. So it is irrevalent to software update.

There's no any kind of hardware problem. It is just inside your mind. Now you continue to think this phone have a battery problem. It is not so. The battery is what it is , the screen is an a 5". If you use 4g or 3g connections the consumption depends how is good the signal in your area (this is can compromise the battery performance (you should know this). Now i'm satisfied about my XA performance. I think is a very good phone and still better than one month ago. 

1% per hour in flight mode. Is it not problem?

Message 322 of 921
Message 322 of 921

@Davethesaint wrote:

@Bapi67 wrote:

I think battery  will not improve..bcz this is a hardware problem. So it is irrevalent to software update.

There's no any kind of hardware problem. It is just inside your mind. Now you continue to think this phone have a battery problem. It is not so. The battery is what it is , the screen is an a 5". If you use 4g or 3g connections the consumption depends how is good the signal in your area (this is can compromise the battery performance (you should know this). Now i'm satisfied about my XA performance. I think is a very good phone and still better than one month ago. 

Of course, because YOU say there is no battery problem, that must be correct! Over 33 pages of posts on the subject and numerous complaints must be all fake right? Face with rolling Eyes

The screen is 5" 720p. That is right at the bottom end of power requirements of phones on the market today.

4g and 3g are not "new" developments. My old Z3C coped with exactly the same conditions here in London and it gave me over 1.5 days of use. The XA is disappointing in this regard, no doubt about it, whatever you say.

Will leave it up and wait for Android Nougat and hope that helps a bit.

Inhabitant
Message 323 of 921
Message 323 of 921

This is not the only 5 inch phone having 4G,3G... in this world. It is only 720p. Sony claims 2 days battery life..I want atleast 10-12 hrs under normal usages, which I cant get. Please admit the dark reality.  denying the fact Only harm the reputaion of company. No intentional review will going to help Sony. Please learn from another major manufacture who admit their falt and recently recall their latest model due to battery issue.

Inhabitant
Message 324 of 921
Message 324 of 921

It is very disheartening to know that you have abandoned Sony. But its a fact that every XA buyer will think in your line.

Pioneer
Message 325 of 921
Message 325 of 921

Stated before: Sony claims in 2016 up to 2 days of battery life (we don't pass 1 day), using for testing user behavior of 2014. I had 4g in 2014 also, I was using the previous phone (Xperia SP) as I am using XA, but the battery on SP was a lot stronger. The more technological we go, the less in terms of satisfaction we receive from Sony. I wonder why they did not put a smaller battery in X compact. The screen is smaller Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face Slightly smiling Face
Pioneer
Message 326 of 921
Message 326 of 921

Screenshot_20160908-172147.pngLooking in my battery stats, I've seen that screen consumes a lot of battery even if it is off. Can somebody tell me why is that happening?

Talent
Message 327 of 921
Message 327 of 921

Are you using adaptive brightness?
Pioneer
Message 328 of 921
Message 328 of 921

Brightness at 50% always adaptive
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 329 of 921
Message 329 of 921

It can't be the battery can it? , I mean it's just a battery. It's got one function which is to supply a dc voltage. I get good usage on my f3116 so long as i dont switch on 4G. So it might be an LTE receiver related. For others, it seems it could be the screen eating power even when not used.
I suggest for anyone to try it on airplane mode so we can confirm this (or not).
Enthusiast
Message 330 of 921
Message 330 of 921

@SergeySN wrote:

@Davethesaint wrote:

@Bapi67 wrote:

I don't think so.

@SergeySN wrote:

@Davethesaint wrote:

@Bapi67 wrote:

1% per hour in flight mode. Is it not problem?

NO