account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

xperia XA: massive battery drain

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 271 of 921
Message 271 of 921

Re: xperia XA: massive battery drain

@lionheart79 wrote:

@Davethesaint wrote:

change option, turn the wi fi scan OFF

that does not make a difference for me Dave.

you posted your GSAM battery figures in a recent post. I asked if you could check if this matches with the Battery settings figures, as for me they don't. Can you check?

I don't understand what do you mean. THe GSAM App give you more information, that's all. It is the same of SONY Information but more accurate.

Message 272 of 921
Message 272 of 921

the information does not match when I check. My phone has only been on 30 minutes and GSAM reckons my screen is using 48% battery in this time while Android battery settings reckon its 25%.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 273 of 921
Message 273 of 921

I found the solution for my battery drain (100% down to as low as 50% in 10 hours just on standby and nothing else).

All I did was force the SIM to Preferred network type = GSM only.

Apparently in my area, LTE is particularly poor while GSM transponders are everywhere.

So the phone was never endingly hunting for more LTE stations.

The problem ofcourse is that I have to switch back to LTE/WCDMA/GSM mode whenever I want data.

(LTE data still performs well even on a weak signal).

Learner
Message 274 of 921
Message 274 of 921

The Display and it's brightness is the may problem for your battery issue.  Network connection also a problem. 

Check the number of bar of your Sim Card. If it is 1-2 bars, it will also cause the batt to drain faster. 

Wait till you start playing high reslution games. It will drains up your battery in no time. I am facing this problem. 

I need to re-charge the batt,  2 twice aday when I am on the move.

On top of that, if your power is 1.5Amp or below.... good luck, it can't even charge your battary when you are using it. 

Commissioner
Message 275 of 921
Message 275 of 921

Using the device while charging it is a sure fire way to kill the battery in weeks it's just asking for trouble or even the battery exploding worse case scenario. Your taking more out than you can put back in. It Charges in a hour anyway
One time poster
Message 276 of 921
Message 276 of 921

Regarding massive battery drain

Y the battery draining so rapidly even if I didn't download any games and do not run many apps in one time... If I keep ma Xperia's data on then My phone runs only for 5-6hours (stamina mode).. Now I updated my Xperia phone from services center(Kalyan, syndicate road) ... Now it runs for 6_7hour.. What should I do now?
One time poster
Message 277 of 921
Message 277 of 921

I agree with humpity, switching to "GSM only" immediately brought my power consumption to ~1% per hour.

Before that I had it on LTE/WCDMA/GSM and it was draining at ~4% per hour. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't reduce. I had the location WiFi and Bluetooth scanning off. I had disabled as many bloatware apps as possible. No use, it drained fast even at night, with no use, even with data off.

My first hint was when I turned Airplane mode on. Battery drain stopped. Not even 1% after 2 hours. Then I started experimenting with the radio options, and eventually found that GSM only is very efficient. I now have mobile data on, and still am getting a respectable 2% per hour. 

Learner
Message 278 of 921
Message 278 of 921

I have purchased my xperia xa ultra few days ago, and must say that i always trusted sony brand so my all family have sony xperia phones and never had problems with z series, but this time i must say that I'm very disappointed and i must agree with you, cose i have same symptoms on my phone.

1: When phone is fully charged it shows 100% after couple of minutes, phone battery drops to 85% and in a day time occasionally used for browsing or Facebook couple of times total about 1h-1.5h battery drops to about 15%

2: Recording video in hd battery drops 1% per minute when battery is between 100%-60%, from around 50%-5% takes sometimes 2%per minute.
And not sure how but on the 1% battery outstanding i can record video for 5min. I cant calculate how much power left in my phone because of that.

3: When my phone battery is empty and i plug in to the charger it shows 0% for 10min and then it's changing to 1% (phone is off when is charging)

Can you or anyone confirm or advise?
Learner
Message 279 of 921
Message 279 of 921

I forgot to add, when i have switched on my xa ultra for the first time the battery was 65% and when battery dropped to 11% phone have switched off itself, after that when i have plugged phone the charger battery status shows 0% and of course takes 10min to charge from 0% to 1% is this normal guy's??
Inhabitant
Message 280 of 921
Message 280 of 921

Not normal for other mobiles.. but nothing is abnormal for Xperia XA