account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

sony logo matrix issue

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

sony logo matrix issue

had the sony xperia xa for a year now. a few days ago it wouldnt turn on so i held power and volume up and yay it worked again.

come to it this morning to find it has turned itself off whilst charging and when i turn it on the sony logo pops up like normal but then the screen goes matrix style and the sony logo drops from top of screen to bottom whilst the white background falls from the top down with a negitive resolution then nothing wont do anything else

28278229_10155202325835849_1752859596_o.jpgfirst 3 secinds28171300_10155202332530849_806875604_o.jpgthe next 10 minutes

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: sony logo matrix issue

Hi @molerat35, I am sorry to hear about your issue.

Because it does not happen immediately it may be a software issue. I recommend you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I did try  that, the laptop top say the usb device has malfunction it can't even tell its a phone

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@molerat35,

During the software repair tick the box that says "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" on step 2B.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I did. It tell you to hold the volume down and plug it back in after 5 seconds... That didn't work either. We have used Sony phones since the z3 and this has come as a massive disappointment... 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I see, in that case I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment.