account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

sony XA won't turn on but led is red when connect charger

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 45
Message 21 of 45

Re: sony XA won't turn on but led is red when connect charger

Hi @Daniel77,

Did you have an opoportunity to try the troubleshooting already posted in the thread? If you have tried it, but it did not resolve the behaviour, then I'm afraid that I can only refer you to have your device sent to service. sad 

In order to have your device sent to an authorized service center, I recommend that you get in touch with your Local support in order to be assisted. They are well informed regarding the service routines, warranty terms and consumer laws in your local market. I wish I could assist, but since I am based in the Nordics I am afraid that my market knowledge is limited to the one I'm situated in. sad

@sneezie Unfortunately I am unable to assist you with information in regards to warranty cases, as the terms vary on a market-to-market basis. It would be best to get in touch with your local support team so that they may look into it for you. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 22 of 45
Message 22 of 45

The phone was sent to one of your service centers, they  say it is not economical to repair, so will supply me with an alternative replacement for £140, some warranty that is!!!!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 45
Message 23 of 45

As I mentioned, even though I would like to - I am unable to look further into local cases or offer any assistance as I do not operate in that specific market. Slightly frowning Face I kindly advice you to raise your concern with your local team as they will be best suited to assist you.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 24 of 45
Message 24 of 45

our sony experiaz5p was not working except red led is on.may be it happened due 6 to 8 hours charging through laptop and again charge for 2 or 3 hours through other charger.

as per your seggestion  i have tried power button and volume key up for 10 seconds,

multiple vibration come and red led off , again i switch on the mobile and its working,

thank you so much

#nadeem

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 45
Message 25 of 45

Hi @nadeem1981, I am so happy to hear that the device now works again! Slightly smiling Face

Please feel free to get in touch if you experience anything else or have any questions!

One time poster
Message 26 of 45
Message 26 of 45

Mi cellphone is not charging, but the red light is on. 

I´ve tried with others battery chargers, but happens the same. 

Now i can´t even turn it on.  It´s only been 4 months since i bought it. I need an answer- i live in Argentina but i bought it in the US

One time poster
Message 27 of 45
Message 27 of 45

SNEEZIE

If it is a hardware issue, under UK consumer law the device is covered up to 5 years, which the retailer has the choice of repairing or replacing the device free of charge.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 45
Message 28 of 45

Hi @agusiru, I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried removing any SIM- and SD cards which you have mounted, and then tried booting the device? You may also try forcing a shut down of the device by holding volume up- and the power button simultaneously until the device vibrates, then try booting it as usual. If it still does not boot, even after attempting a software repair using Xperia Companion, then I am sorry to say that it would be best to have the device sent to an authorized service center. Slightly frowning Face

Unfortunately I do not have local information regarding warranty terms and consumer laws in Argentina, therefore it would be best to get in touch with your Local support for some more information.

Let me know how it went!

Learner
Message 29 of 45
Message 29 of 45

Thanks! It worked...

One time poster
Message 30 of 45
Message 30 of 45

Thanks this help me