account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

memory

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

memory

Mir wird ständig angezeigt dass mein Speicher zu 95% voll ist. Wenn ich in den Einstellungen auf Daten und Arbeitsspeicher gehe, zeigt es mir an, dass 5,9 GB für das Android-System verbraucht ist. Daher kann ich keine unnützlichen Sachen löschen. Die anderen 5GB sind für Apps verbraucht und diese sind relevant für den Alltag. Hat jemand eine Idee, was ich machen kann ausser alles auf eine SD Karte zu übertragen?

I am constantly informed that my memory is 95% full. If I go into the settings on data and memory, it shows me that 5.9 GB is used up for the Android system. Therefore, I can not delete unnecessary things. The other 5GB are consumed for apps and these are relevant to everyday life. Does anyone have an idea what I can do except transfer everything to an SD card?

gt

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Speicherplatz

Hi @Ambitionz 

Would you mind translating your question into English?

This forum uses the English language to communicate.

You can translate at translate.google.com

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: memory

Hi @Ambitionz, welcome to our forum!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum, please post any replies in English and it will be easier for me and other users to assist you.

As you wrote, the space that is occupied by the Android system you can't do anything about, however there is something called "Cached data" and this is only temporarily stored files, how much space is this occupying in your device? This can be deleted without having an impact on your application data as it's not temporary files that will be deleted.

An SD card is pretty cheap way of increasing the storage in your device, however keep in mind that not all applications can be moved to an SD card, as it's up to the developer of the application to add support for this. Certain applications can store data on the SD card, such as offline play lists and offline movies/TV shows.

You can always transfer photos, videos and locally stored music files to the SD card though and setup the camera application so it automatically store photos and videos directly on the SD card instead of the internal storage.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: memory

I'm confused here, where is your other 5gb of data? I'm assuming you have 16gb of memory, 6gb for the android system and 5gb for your installed apps. You should have an extra 5gb memory for more apps and files.