account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

home screen button is missing! (Xperia XA Ultra)

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

home screen button is missing! (Xperia XA Ultra)

20961126_1813565408659254_645631719_o.pngmissing home screen button and other appsI cannot access the my application screen

due to missing Home screen button!!this button is missing!!

Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: home screen button is missing! (Xperia XA Ultra)

Hi @wynnn,

I'm sorry to hear this. I recommend that you reboot your device to safe mode. This will temporarily disable all of your downloaded apps, if it works in safe mode it is most likely one of your downloaded apps that are causing this behavior.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior I'd recommend that you reset Xperia Home. Note that this will reset your home screen, to do so, go to: Settings > Apps > Tap ... > Show system > Xperia Home  > Storage > Clear data > Ok. Then restart your device.

Keep me posted on how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Good day Sir Emil,

The Home screen button is missing, so I can't really access application screen to go to settings.20951971_1813564535326008_790353338_o_LI.jpgi have encircled the only button that i can accessdownload_LI.jpgwhich on a well functioning Xperia it should have its home screen button like this( This image was downloaded from google)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

You should still be able to pull down from the top of your screen to access the quick settings menu. Here you can tap the small cogwheel in the upper right corner to access the settings menu.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I have the same issue with my XA ultra dual. I also did everything you've said here, when i enter safe mode i still cant see my home screen button menu and apps.  And when i go to settings>apps>show system>xperia home to clear the data and cache but both are already cleared. Right now im using google assistant to open an app. 

Screenshot_20170918-093425.pngThis is a sample. Screenshot taken from my xperia XA ultra dual

Screenshot_20170918-094455.pngScreenshot taken from my XA ultra dual.

Screenshot_20170918-094410.pngScreenshot taken from my XA ultra dual.

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@King31689

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I'm frustrated with my two months old ultra experia dual Sim that I'm not able to access my apps because the home screen is missing and I have tried all the process of bring it back so that I can enjoy my device 

Highlighted
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Tate2

Long-press on any empty area on your homescreen then choose "Settings", then find an option called "Hide apps icon" or "Enable swipe up" then disable it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

This solved my problem

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I experienced that problem.. But on my own i find the solution..

Menu button was gone right! But you can access the setting.. Now go to settings then apps then xperia home then at the top right corner of the screen click that and you will see

"UNINSTALL UPDATES." press it and it will solve your problem.. It restart your screen and the home button is THERE.. 😊😊😊