account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Learner
Message 81 of 124
Message 81 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

Hi,

I also have this issue (yellow tint on the right hand side) with my XA1. I already tried Diagnostics, factory reset, etc. hence it is probably not software issue.

Already took the phone to local repair, and 1 month after screen change (warranty) the yellow tint appeard again.

Please investigate whether it is a general issue of XA1 type and help me to prevent bringing my phone to repair in every 2 months. Is it possible to get another type of Sony phone (or a phone without this issue)?

Thanks,

Bence

Hungary

One time poster
Message 82 of 124
Message 82 of 124

Yes, even I am facing the same problem since last week, more appreciated if you have found any solution for this. 

One time poster
Message 83 of 124
Message 83 of 124

Re: Yellow spot on screen

my xa ultra has a yellow spot on its screen, id do the test but the yellowish spot is still there. what am i gonna do? 

One time poster
Message 84 of 124
Message 84 of 124

Re: Yellow spot on screen

If your phone is under warranty then they will replace your screen For two times. But if you want to keep safe from this problem then try to avoid overheating. Don't play high graphics games or app when ur phone under charging. And don't play for a long time without charging.

I am telling you from my experience. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 85 of 124
Message 85 of 124

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late reply.

@alkisno1, sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with your service case as these are handled at a local level, so please stay in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

@JLMGvery sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your Xperia XA Ultra devices.

Do note that I will not be able to assist you with having your devices replaced as I work globally and these type of cases are handled locally by your Local support team as local service routines, warranty and consumer laws and not the same in all markets/regions.

I really wish there was something I could do from my end, however I'm afraid I can't help you with this case. Slightly frowning Face

@bencebiro, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this behaviour for a second time in such a short amount of time.

Please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further and inform you about consumer laws in your market and when/if the phone can be replaced.

@RahulDevarhubli, sorry to hear about your device.

Can you see the yellow stain on the display in the inbuilt test in the device called Diagnostics? You can find this test in Settings > About phone > Test > Screen.

If you see it in here as well, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you with having your device sent to an authorized service centre so it can be examined by a trained technician.

@DenisXA, sorry to hear about your device.

Please get in touch with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you so your device can be examined at an authorized service centre.

If you have any questions regarding local service routines, warranty or consumer laws they will gladly assist you with this as well.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 86 of 124
Message 86 of 124

Sorry about the late reply, i was too busy to visit the service center untill last Friday. The staff seemed to be aknowledged of the problem and the screen was replaced within 3 days under warranty so everything seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed, well done Sony.

One time poster
Message 87 of 124
Message 87 of 124

I have a yellow stain on my Sony Xperia XA too...

I've had my phone for over a year now. It started as a small yellow stain and then it got bigger and more colors appeared. Now it is blue, yellow and green. There is also another issue. The back of my Sony is stained black (I have a white Sony Xperia XA). I don't know how that happened but it got stained 1 month after I bought it. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 88 of 124
Message 88 of 124

Hi @Angel34136, I'm glad to hear that and thanks for getting back to me! Slightly smiling Face

@Sailorhipster, sorry to hear about your phone.

I'm afraid that there isn't much troubleshooting to do as everyone in this thread have had the display replaced, so I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having the phone sent to an authorized service centre.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 89 of 124
Message 89 of 124

Hello, I already had two xperia, first was XA ultra and passing 4 month starting to appear a yellow tinting on the right side of the screen between on/off and volumen buttons. I send it back to Amazon and asking a refund. After refund I bought again a new Xperia XA1 ultra. And I have 3 weeks with this cellphone and appear again the yellow tint in the same places as my old phone. This is not a software problem. Is a screen hardware issues. I gonna return again this phone because I don't  like to see that yellow while my screen is in white. And maybe could be worse in the future. Now I wanna know why this is happening.? Bad development of the phone? Bad quality screen parts? Poor heat dissipation in the processor? Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 90 of 124
Message 90 of 124

Hi @Fran4500, very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with the Xperia XA and the Xperia XA1 Ultra. Slightly frowning Face

It's hard for me to say what the cause of this behaviour is before the device has been examined at an authorized service centre by a trained technician. You are however correct that it is seems related to the hardware as most users have had their displays replaced and it the yellow stains has disappeared.

So in your case I would recommend that you send the device to an authorized service centre as it needs to be examined. Your Local support team will assist you further so please get in touch with them!

Keep me posted!