account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 71 of 124
Message 71 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

@Riccardo1, I fully understand that, however if there is any damage on the phone that is due to an accident or external damage it will not be covered by our warranty.

If you want more information on this matter and how it works in your market/region, your Local support team are well informed and will be able to give you a better answer since local service routines may vary between regions/markets.

My recommendation to you is that you get in touch with your local support team, have them arrange a repair for you and have the phone sent in for examination at an authorized service centre.

@dubtike, sorry to hear about this.

I hope the repair procedure will go as smoothly as possible, and feel free to update us on how it went!

@Deepakarunkumar, very sorry to hear about this.

However, this is a Global forum and service cases are handled at a local level by your Local support team, so please stay in touch with them and they will be able to assist you further.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 72 of 124
Message 72 of 124

I had the same problem with my display on two times, they change the display for warranty. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 73 of 124
Message 73 of 124

Hi @JLMG, sorry to hear that you have experienced this twice, however I'm glad to hear that both repairs were covered by our warranty and that you will not have to experience this again.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Adviser
Message 74 of 124
Message 74 of 124

I'm very sorry to add myself into the "yellow-stain club". Phone is only 5 months old, never got dropped and has been taken care of very gently. I will contact Sony service tomorrow, though i don't see what good will come out of this - meaning that even replacing screen, problem usualy tends to return according to some users post.

Sony, i know this is just a forum, but also a good and valuable source for feedback and information for your company. Please don't just redirect users to the corresponding service centers; it appears to be a manufacturing error on phones side. Please do something more drastic about it.

Will keep you updated.

One time poster
Message 75 of 124
Message 75 of 124

I also have the same issue.  Now there are 3 spots on my screen.  Never dropped.  I keep in my purse so it's not from being in my pocket. Customer service says i have to send it in and it will be 20 days and then if it's under warranty they will take care of it. They will not provide a loaner phone.  Shame on you Sony.  You made a crappy product and won't hold up your end of the deal. I want my money back. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 76 of 124
Message 76 of 124

Hi @Angel34136, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I hope everything will work out for you with the repair and please keep us posted!

Feedback is always welcomed and I will make sure to forward it internally!

@Marlene2002, sorry to hear that your phone is in need of a repair.

As this is a Global user based forum and all service cases are handled by your Local support, please get in touch with them and they will be able provide you with a more detailed answer regarding local service routines in your market/region.

One time poster
Message 77 of 124
Message 77 of 124

Hello,

I also faced the same problem 3 times in a year and my phone was fixed inside warranty.

Unfortunately know is the 4th time.

For sure Sony has to inform all partners,shops and local support personnel that is a common issue of the product and for sure is nothing to do with drop,damage and all these staff.

Also Sony has to provide a solution instead of fixing and fixing the same problem so many times, because we have to prove every time that phone is not damaged by us.

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 78 of 124
Message 78 of 124

Hi @Dimak, very sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that there is not that much I can do from here since all service cases are handled at a local level by your Local support team.

Have you been in contact with them regarding consumer laws and so forth in your market/region and see if there is something can be done, instead of having it sent to an authorized service centre again?

If you haven't asked about this, I would recommend doing so, as the Local support team are well informed about such laws.

Keep me posted!

One time poster
Message 79 of 124
Message 79 of 124

Yellow stain on display

Dear Sir,

I would like to make a complaint regarding a Sony F3111 I purchased here in Greece, which is faulty and for which I would like you to take action regarding its guarantee. Please let me brief you.

The purchase was made on 12 July 2017 from a major retail store “Plaisio” in Athens Greece.

1. As of the first days ringing went into mute mode and would only work if the phone was rebooted.
  2. Sound from the earpiece would randomly rise with distorted sound during a call, not only on regular calls but also on Viber.
  3. The screen has developed a yellow shadow in the top right-hand corner. A similar issue has also been mentioned by others on the Internet.

I took the phone to Sony service located in Gerakas Athens and as of the first moment they seemed only to be interested in taking money rather than resolving the issue as was their commitment due to guarantee. They responded saying that there is a minor scratch on the side which makes guarantee void asking to pay 18,00 Euros for diagnosis and that as a service center they have to repair everything, continued by asking for a further 207,70 Euros when retail price is 159,00 Euros. This was mockery and I replied I was not interested in the scratch but only in the above-mentioned issues. They continued by claiming the guarantee was void due to the minor scratch.

I purchased a Sony cellphone believing that I was really covered by guarantee from a serious international company or I could have purchased a cheaper similar unbranded one, with similar capabilities.

I would appreciate your taking action on the issue to resolve the issue which is under guarantee.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Triantafillos  SofianopoulosDSCN0602.JPGDSCN0599.JPG

Rookie
Message 80 of 124
Message 80 of 124

Thanks for  reply Jonas,  but I’m so disappoint with the brand,  I  had so many problems with the XA Ultra, had two XA Ultra and both issues with bad Bluetooth and  bad GPS signal. The second two  bad displays on 5 months of using it.

At his point I’m trying to  get a exchange for other model, but  your representative on my country do not  want to hear my facts. In Colombia if an item fail for 3 times on warranty time they have to give your money back or change for a new one or other with the same or better features, but they don’t want to do it.  I´m a big fan Sony, have 2 laptops, TV, phone and digital camera, but, with his phone is another history.

On the last entrance to after sales dept, they refuse to fix it, because it has out of warranty, I  checked the date when I  get it and is on  warranty, I’m not sure what the saw on the system, but  for  sure they don´t check correctly.

I will appreciate if you can help me out from Sony Corp, if you need documents or other info I can email it.

The Fist XA ultra was  IMEI: *personal info hidden* they took it and change it for other XA Ultra

Second XA ultra is: IMEI: *personal info hidden* issues with Bluetooth, two bad display.