account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 61 of 77
Message 61 of 77

Re: Yellow stain on display

Hi @Riccardo1, sorry to hear about this.

Based on the other users that have experienced this behaviour, your phone will also need to be examined at an authorized service centre. Your Local support team assist you further and answer any questions you may have regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth.

I hope that helps!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 62 of 77
Message 62 of 77

Yes I am facing same problem on my Xperia Xa device after buying.. I visited Sony service center 3 months ago and they provided a new display free of cost under my warranty but recently again this problem is appeard in same place on the display. Left of the top of the screen. 

Apprentice
Message 63 of 77
Message 63 of 77

Hi Rijoy

If you are saying that the stain is on top-left of your screen, then that debunks my theory that it is being caused by the camera light which is directly behind where my stain is, top-right.

Please would you confirm the position of your stain or upload a picture.

Thanks

Visitor
Message 64 of 77
Message 64 of 77

I have exactly the same issue as you Riccardo1.  Don't have any photos but it looks exactly the same. Top right hand side and is gradually growing down the right hand side.  I sent it in to Sony's servise agents expecting it to be fixed under warrantee but they refused claiming it is due to external force.  It started a few weeks after purchase and has gradually spread down the right hand edge. After about 6 montjhs I thought I had better take this back before the warantee is refused........

Anyway, I eventually Spoke with Sam 060 (wouldn't give me his surname, just 060), the Sony Mobile Service Manager for Oceania. Refusing to accept any liability on what is clearly a product fault. 

I don't want to pay to have the screen fixed because it sounds like it'll just happen again. And the won't give my phone back without paying a service inspection fee......

anyway I am being forced to file a grievance with the Disputes Tribunal here in NZ.  Loved the phone but wish I had done some research before buying! Sony used to be so good.

Visitor
Message 65 of 77
Message 65 of 77

Re: Xperia XA display began to yellow

SG18, Can you give me contact detail of Service Head of APA region?  I spoke with the Service Manager for Sony Mobile Oceania region and just got fobbed off. Telling me that the phone had had excessive pressure on the screen (when it has not).  I think we all just need to keep complaining to Sony until they admit there is a problem with these phones.

Apprentice
Message 66 of 77
Message 66 of 77

Hi alantabs

The stain is continuing to spread down the screen.  The fact that your stain is in exactly the same position makes me feel that my original theory could be correct, in that the start of the stain is exactly in front of the camera light and I had used this in flashlight mode a couple of time previous to the issue.

I think it could be that when used in flashlight mode maybe its heat has has a burnout effect on the screen which then spreads.

Based upon yours and others on this forum experience in not being taken seriously by Sony, in fact blaming us for what is clearly a design fault, I have been unsure about simply returning my handset to them.

As I bought the phone via Amazon I contacted their Customer Service.  Amazon have been very helpful and had originally asked on my behalf for the repair to be done but as I had received no response, they then issued a directive for a full refund.  The seller must respond to Amazon within two working days otherwise Amazon will issue a claim against the seller on my behalf.

It has now been over two days so I am contacting Amazon again to escale further.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 67 of 77
Message 67 of 77

Hi @Rijoy, very sorry to hear about you experiencing this behaviour once again with your device.

Since the screen was replaced the last time, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team once again so they can assist you with having a repair arranged, or give you the contact information for an authorized service centre in your market/region.

@alantabs, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this behaviour as well.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with local service cases, since this is a Global forum and service cases are handled on a local level by your Local support team, so please get in touch with them if you have any questions regarding the decision made by the service centre or if you are wondering about local service routines, warranty or consumer laws.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 68 of 77
Message 68 of 77

Actually Amazon have now said that they have originally given me eroneous information as they didn't realise the order was over the 90 days limit :-(

I am unhappy with the reports of Sony's response to others who have sent their phones back and they have refused to repair or replace as they are still saying that this is a user caused issue rather than a design issue. I don't want to return my phone and be without one for a week only for Sony to give me the same answer.

As I had taken out insurance on the phone at time of purchase I will possibly have to go down that route, which is annoying as it lets Sony off the hook.

Rookie
Message 69 of 77
Message 69 of 77

Hi

I also have the yellow stains on my screen

I bought it in December 2016 and noticed the first mark not long after an incidence of overheating. I am now restarting my phone 3-4 times per day due to overheating. I have uninstalled every one of my installed apps and still have the same problem. The stain now reaches from the top right corner, to just above the bottom right and is now starting in the bottom left. The damage to the screen now means I have no function in certain areas (depending on phone temp)

I WILL be applying for a free repair/replacement as this seems to be an endemic fault affecting worldwide sales warranting a recall

One time poster
Message 70 of 77
Message 70 of 77

Yellow Stain and Malfunctioning Display

I purchased Sony XA Ultra on 19th Aug 2016, I raised a complaint regarding yellow stain on screen via email to Sony support on Aug 3rd 2017 which is within my warranty period. But unfortunately I was out of town so submitted my phone to Sony Service  on 16th September, without any consideration to my email registered complaint they declined my warranty claim. I found this yellow stain on Sony phones as manufacturing defect since lot many suffer with the same issue. Sony as a brand lost its Quality and customer service. I was a great fan of Sony but not anymore. I never ever suggest Sony phones or any product from Sony to anyone.