account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 51 of 77
Message 51 of 77

Re: Yellow stain on display

I experienced the same yellow stain on my LCD, but thanks God it didn't got larger.

This brand seems a piece of trash. 

Regular
Message 52 of 77
Message 52 of 77

Re: Yellow tint on display

I had the same problem and I contacted the authorized service and they already fixed it, and u received it back a week ago. 

Yesterday I. Noticed a yellow stain started to appear again 

One time poster
Message 53 of 77
Message 53 of 77

Warranty for XA ultra

Good, buy a Sony branded mobile and I present these yellow spots on the screen that could be, it only has 6 months of use and I was not paying attention but that appeared 2 months ago on the left side, buy it in Colombia cucuta norte From santander

Sony Xperia Support
Message 54 of 77
Message 54 of 77

Re: Xperia XA display began to yellow

@SG18, sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with local service cases, these are handled by your Local support team, so please stay in contact with them.

I hope everything works out in the end for you.

@Jenami, sorry to hear you feel that way.

Please get in touch with your Local support so they can arrange a repair for you.

@Rasha-fathi, very sorry to hear about you expericining this again. sad

I'm afraid that there isn't much to troubleshoot since your previous display was replaced and your phone will need to be sent to an authorized service centre again.

@wendy2, sorry to hear about your phone.

Please get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 55 of 77
Message 55 of 77

Re: Yellow spot on screen

I same problem and same phone 

Apprentice
Message 56 of 77
Message 56 of 77

Та же проблема с Sony experia xa... И судя по теме это проблема производителя, а не пользователя. Советы про тест дисплея не решают проблему, т.к бьётся матрица дисплея! У меня такое пятно появилось уже на 3 месяц использования смартфона и к сожалению гарантия уже кончилась,  а пятно осталось... ( крайне раздосадован Sony 

The same problem with Sony experia xa ... And judging by the topic it's a manufacturer's problem, not a user. Tips for testing the display does not solve the problem, because the matrix of the display beats! I have such a stain appeared already for 3 months of using the smartphone and unfortunately the warranty has already run out, and the stain is left ... (extremely annoyed Sony

Sony Xperia Support
Message 57 of 77
Message 57 of 77

Hi @Gatt123, sorry to hear about your phone.

I'm afraid that there isn't much troubleshooting to do, so I'd recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

@Labro, sorry to hear about this.

May I ask which market you are located in, since I'm not familiar with a market where the warranty is only valid for three months. You can also get in touch with your Local support team for inquires regarding your warranty since they are the experts on your market/region and they will also help you with arranging a repair.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 58 of 77
Message 58 of 77

Hello from Malaysia! 

I'm also experiencing the same problem with the yellow spot on my right hand side. It was unnoticed until my nephew brought it up. 

This is honestly the 4th time i had to sent my phone to a Sony center. 

1. A problem with audio. 

2. A problem with the NFC after the repair. 

3. An auto touch malfunction with the display. 

4. This yellow spot. 

My warranty just ran out a couple weeks ago.... I really like Sony so I really don't want to blame them to badly but if this keeps up then even lesser people will want to purchase a Sony phone. 

On an unrelated note even my ps vita shows sign of problems every once in a while. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 59 of 77
Message 59 of 77

Hi @Suffian, very sorry to hear about this, it's never fun to have to send a phone to repairs that many times. sad

Have you tried contacting the Local support team in Malaysia and asked them if there is something they can do even if the warranty have expired since you have had previous repairs on the device? I work globally so I'm not familiar at all with local service routines and consumer laws in Malaysia, however your local support team is and will be able to provide you with a more detailed answer.

Regarding your Playstation you will need to get in touch with the Playstation support since this is a forum only for Xperia phones, tablets and accessories.

Let me know how it went!

Apprentice
Message 60 of 77
Message 60 of 77

Re: Yellow stain on display

I have the same issue on my XA, only 5 months old - top-right of the screen (behind the camera/flash-light), started with a small yellow stain 2 weeks ago and has since expanded down the screen.  Visible at all times including during diagnostics, please see attached pics. Always kept from day one in a Sony brand case and never been dropped or suffered any water damage.

Interested to know where on the screen others have experienced this to see if it is an issue with heat from the flash-light?

XAscreen1.JPGXAscreen2.JPG