account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 41 of 124
Message 41 of 124

Re: Yellow spot on screen

Hi @Dk9191, sorry to hear about this.

This is a global forum and I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with local service inquires.

Your Local support team is best equipped to answer these type of questions since they are the experts on your market and are well informed on local service routines, warranty and consumer laws in your market/region, so I'd recommend that you get in touch with them for further assistance.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 42 of 124
Message 42 of 124

Yellow spot appeared on my xa ultra

señores de Sony tengo el agrado de comunicarme con ustedes por este medio soy cliente de ustedes hace mucho tiempo pero me siento súper descontento con mi terminal ya que de la nada apareció un mancha amarilla en la pantalla es molestoso ver eso el móvil solo tiene 4 meses y presento este problema de la nada solución no me dan ya llamé a soporte técnico en Perú y nada solo me dicen que lo lleve a la tienda que lo compre por algo ustedes dan una garantía 

Lords of Sony I am pleased to communicate with you hereby I am a customer of you a long time but I feel super unhappy with my terminal since nothing appeared a yellow stain on the screen is annoying to see that the mobile is only 4 months And I present this problem of nothing solution I do not give and I called technical support in Peru and nothing just tell me to take it to the store that I buy it for something you give a guarantee

GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 43 of 124
Message 43 of 124

Re: Yellow spot appeared on my xa ultra

Hi @Juniorco, sorry to hear about this.

Have you had the time and opportunity so try any of the troubleshooting in this thread? If you have any and you are still experiencing this behaviour, please get in touch with your Local support for further assistance with having your device sent to an authorized service centre.

Feel free to keep me posted!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 44 of 124
Message 44 of 124

Xperia XA display began to yellow

My display began to yellow at the edges of the screen. The phone was treated with care, did not fall, installed the latest software

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 124
Message 45 of 124

Re: Xperia XA display began to yellow

I had a yellow stain on my XA last week and the issue was due to screen burn but I took it into the shop I puchased it from and got given a new device in return.

One time poster
Message 46 of 124
Message 46 of 124

Re: Xperia XA randomly not charging and yellow stain on screen

I've got the exact same problem with mine. This yellow stain is driving me crazy. 

Regular
Message 47 of 124
Message 47 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

Same with me

One time poster
Message 48 of 124
Message 48 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

I have the same issue in my Xperia XA Ultra. I think many of the X series phones have this defect. It's an Hardware issue. Service center have changed my display 3 times. This is the 4th time, I'm facing same issue. I applied for replacement, but they deny to replace it. They will repair and give it back. But what after my warranty expires? We have to pay loads to buy a new display, which is impossible. The Service is just.They can't answer my only question, "What if the problem occurs after my warranty expires? Will you do it for Free?". Guess what, Niether the customer care can answer nor the service center. They can't commit. Wasted my 30K Rupees. They will make us pay for Manufacturing defect. I don't understand how can SONY fall so low! I used to buy only Xperia phones. Henceforth, I won't recommend Xperia to anyone. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 49 of 124
Message 49 of 124

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing this behaviour and I apologize for the late reply.

@Supreme_x@HarrisBoysMum and @Rasha-fathi, I'd recommend that all of you get in touch with your Local support teams so they can assist you with having your devices sent to an authorized service centre, so your devices can be examined by a trained technician.

@Mac316, I'm glad to hear that this was resolved and I do really hope that you won't have to experience this behaviour again! Slightly smiling Face

@yash980, very sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with questions regarding warranty or repairs since this is a global forum and those type of cases are handled at a local level by your Local support team.

They are well informed on consumer laws, warranty terms and so forth, so please get in touch with them again for further assistance.

One time poster
Message 50 of 124
Message 50 of 124

Clearly this seems to an issue with Sony phones.

I've had the same issue with my Sony XA phone that was purchased in August 2016 i.e. yellow stain on the top right corner. First appeared in January 2017. Was told to submit the device to the local service center who replaced the screen & returned it after a week. Now (July 2017) the same problem has recurred. Have submitted my phone again to the service center last week. Wrote to the service head of Asia Pacific Region asking for the device to be replaced. If the display screen of a device needs to be changed twice in 10 months, it doesn't say much about the product quality, does it? I don't think my request is unreasonable.

Got no clear response on the resolution only lip service emails saying that the service head's office will reply (that was Thursday). Is it too much to expect a clear & timely response from Sony Service & Support?