account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 31 of 124
Message 31 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

I have the xa ultra.  Using it from last 6 months. But from last 5 days.  A yellow stain @ upper left corner. Has appeared.  I took it to service centre and they said its due to physical pressure and will not be covered. In warranty. I just put the phone in my pocket no physical. Never dropped. Omg am i trapped.  I paid 30k for just 6 months.??? 

I wont buy sony anymore and never recommend. Sony anymore. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 124
Message 32 of 124

Re: Is it normal a yellowish line at the side of the screen?

Hi @Araceli81, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Can you see the yellow line in the display if you do the diagnostics test in the phone? You can find this test in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Display.

If it's visible here as well, your phone will need to be examined by a technician at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further and answer any questions you may have regarding warranty, local service routines and so forth!

@RaviArora, I'm so sorry to hear about that.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you with local service cases. Those type of errands are handled by your Local support team. They are best equipped to answer these type of questions since they are the experts on your specific market and are well informed on warranty and so forth which vary between markets/regions.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 33 of 124
Message 33 of 124

@jonas this stain is growing rapidly.  I have visited local service Centre and they said this is due to physical Pressure. And will not be covered under warranty. As the xa ultra forum  is flushed with with the same issue i dont think this is due to physical pressure this is failure of lcd. Please help us sony.  I paid 30k and the phone less than 6 months old. You gotta have to atleast repair my phone. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 34 of 124
Message 34 of 124

Hi again @RaviArora,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

As I wrote previously, I'm afraid that I can't assist you with local service cases. These are handled at a local level by your local support team and they will be able to inform you why this is not covered by our warranty, if the phone has any kind of external damage or similar, which our warranty does not cover.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 35 of 124
Message 35 of 124

screen discoloring

The screen of my XA Ultra is changing on the sides, it's becoming yellowish as if it's cracked up or broken and it also overheats behind on the discoloring parts. 

One time poster
Message 36 of 124
Message 36 of 124

I have same problem too. Right side on lcd,  yellow spot appeared this morning. I am gonna sent service but not doesn't hope for free repair. Because i am from turkey and our services really worse. Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 37 of 124
Message 37 of 124

exactly this problem happens to me

I don't know what should I do Slightly frowning Face

a yellow stain on the left of  screen has been created

Visitor
Message 38 of 124
Message 38 of 124

IMG_20170525_203453.jpg

IMG_20170525_203449.jpg

Yellow stain on display 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 124
Message 39 of 124

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that all of you are experiencing the same behaviour. Slightly frowning Face

@SammObie_91 and @Don_Mehran, is the yellow stains visible in the diagnostics test in the phone? Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Display.

If they are, your devices will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support teams will arrange a repair for both you and answer any questions that you may have regarding warranty, local service routines and so forth.

@Zebulah, I hope everything will work out with the repair for you. If this is manufacturing fault, it will be covered by the warranty.

Keep me posted!

One time poster
Message 40 of 124
Message 40 of 124

Re: Yellow spot on screen

I have Sony experia XA, 6 months old,. And local service center says they will change the display for this problem , but find the excuse that it will not be under warranty. And they don't have any answer about this hardware issue.