account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 91 of 124
Message 91 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

Cool. I had my phone repaired in October for the same yellow spot, I guess the screen was replaced. Now guess what? Same yellow stripe, spot, call it whatever you want it's back. I can't wait to send it back every month to make sure Sony will not sell phones in the future without thinking the user inconvenience to stay without phone a week monthly, not to mention the data backup and restore. I will never buy a Sony again. 

Visitor
Message 92 of 124
Message 92 of 124

Yes, you have all the reason.. I bought it from Amazon with one year of warranty. In January when I back from vacations I send it back to the seller and ask for a refund again. Like I did with the first one.. And I am thinking the same as you.. Never buy Sony again. Or research more about the phone. But my big question is.. What phone in the market exists with 23mp camera main 16mp front with flash. And a big screen of 6 inches. The photos are amazing like any other in the market. If another brand makes a phone with the same specifications with 4gb ram and a 8 core. I didn't have to think too much to change to another brand. 

One time poster
Message 93 of 124
Message 93 of 124

Yellow spots on the screen

Translation via Google Translate:

Yellow spots on the screen

Manchas amarillas en la pantalla

Sony Xperia Support
Message 94 of 124
Message 94 of 124

Re: Yellow spots on the screen

Hi @Oscarmgomez,

As this is a international community your previous post has been translated in to English, please keep all future posts in English so that other users may more easily understand you. Slightly smiling Face

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

This sounds like it is related to your devices hardware. What I recommend is that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion, note that this will completely reset your device so be sure to create a backup using Xperia Companion first.

If you still have these spots in your devices display I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with how to have your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 95 of 124
Message 95 of 124

Also got same problem on XA1 bought end of November and 1 month later just before Xmas it starts developing the yellow stain top left, and this happened overnight while charging while i was asleep. Took it to 2degrees which is where I have it under contract and they took a photo of it and was guna take 2 weeks to send it away to Sony to fix,  so decided to wait as it was xmas and didn't wana be without a phone. Now its 9th Jan, and the yellow stain has grown twice in size vertically..

I'm taking it back tomorrow to get it fixed.. I'm also in New Zealand and if they refuse to fix it, I'll be filing a case aswell !!! Consumer Guarrentees Act, they have to replace it!! Against the law if they don't!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 96 of 124
Message 96 of 124

Hi @Zether, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

Has there been any update regarding your device, if it was repaired or replaced?

Feel free to let me know! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 97 of 124
Message 97 of 124

Yellow spots on the xperia XA screen

Recently on my phone appeared some yellow spots and I would like to know if there is any way to apply my guarantee and give me a new phone. I'm from Mexico but I do not know what to do or where to go, could someone guide me? Thank you. Thinking Face

DBM
One time poster
Message 98 of 124
Message 98 of 124

Yellow stain on display XA Ultra and automatic Dual press on my phone

my phone was just 1 year and 1 months old, then it started to show a yellow stain and after a few days it started clicking on its own whenever i start touching or clicking on it, is there any solutions to these problems?, also my warranty already expired a month ago. please help me

Sony Xperia Support
Message 99 of 124
Message 99 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display XA Ultra and automatic Dual press on my phone

Hi @DBM,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

Going by your description this does sound to be hardware related, however, there are a few things I would recommend that you try to rule out any software cause of this behavior. Try the following troubleshooting steps one after each other, verifying after each step one if the behavior still persists.

• Disable developer options, you can do so if you go to: Settings > Developer options > Off. Note if you cannot find developer options under settings they are already disabled.
  • Reboot your device to safe mode, this is to rule out that any downloaded app is behind this behavior as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode.
  • Perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Note! This will completely reset your device, so it is recommend that you create a backup using Xperia Companion first.

If you are still experiencing this behavior with your device I can only recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with how to have your device sent in to an authorized service center for further troubleshooting and repair.

Keep me posted on how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 100 of 124
Message 100 of 124

Yellow spot on screen

AAmi pantallaplepsalio una mancha amarilla deldlado derecho lo cuide tantot pero aun asi ayuda porfavor =(

AAmi display a yellow stain on the right side of the screen, take care of it but still help please = (

GT