account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 126
Message 21 of 126

Re: Yellow tint/stain on display.

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear all of your are experiencing this behaviour.

@yashghorpade, I'm so sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I'm not familiar with the consumer laws and so forth in your market, so I'd recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team about this and ask them how many times a device should be repaired under warranty before it can be replaced.

You can also get in touch with a local consumer agency and have a look with them what rules applies to your market.

@Jhen_cute, Sorry to hear about your phone.

Based on the troubleshooting you have done on your own, your phone needs to be examined at an authorized service centre. Your Local support team will arrange a repair for you and answer any questions that you have may have regarding local service routines.

@RK29, As @Quester suggested, your Local support team are well informed on how the warranty works in your market so I'd also recommend that you get in touch with them and raise this question to them.

@9871813686, welcome to our community and I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried to run the display test in your phone and was this yellow spot/stain visible in this test as well? It was I'm afraid that your phone needs to be looked at by a trained technician at an authorized service centre.

Your Local support team will help you with arranging a repair for you, so I'd recommend that you get in touch with them.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 22 of 126
Message 22 of 126

Yellow tint on white screen is it an LCD issue on xperia xa

I have an xperia xa and have been told that a yellow tint on white screen is a problem with the LCD but my query is how long will it take until my device is totally inoperable it's not very big and been appearing on screen around 4 or 5 days

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 126
Message 23 of 126

Re: Yellow tint on white screen is it an LCD issue on xperia xa

Hi @Fireball59, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid that is this will be very hard for me to provide you with an answer on.

I'd recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team as soon as possible so they can help you with having your phone sent to an authorized service centre so it can be examined by a trained technician.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, it's never fun to have to send your phone to repair. Slightly frowning Face

Let me know how it went!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 24 of 126
Message 24 of 126

Yellow tint on display

After 2 months of buying xperia xa ultra a yellow tint appeared on the left top side of the screen. What is the problem with the device? 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 126
Message 25 of 126

Re: Yellow tint on display

Hi @Kakish, sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Is the yellow tint always visible or can you only see it in certain applications? Try running the display test in your phone and see if you are able to see the yellow tint in here.

You can find the test in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Display.

If you can see it in here your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you if you contact them.

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 26 of 126
Message 26 of 126

Yellow spot on the upper left side

Apareció una mancha amarilla en el lado superior izquierdo, es más  notorio con la pantalla en blanco. ¿Que hacer? ¿Por qué salió? 

(Translated by Google) A yellow spot appeared on the upper left side, it is most noticeable with the blank screen. What to do? Why did he leave?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 126
Message 27 of 126

Re: Yellow spot on the upper left side

Hi @Césarito, welcome to the community.

As this is an English language forum I have translated your query with Google.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. Slightly frowning Face Because it is a physical problem I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair.

Learner
Message 28 of 126
Message 28 of 126

Yellow stain in screen of XA Ultra

There is a yellow stain in my screen. I didnt notice it before because you can only notice it if the background is white. Is this a hardware or software problem? How to resolve this. Pls help. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 126
Message 29 of 126

Re: Yellow stain in screen of XA Ultra

Hi @ShielaMae,

Sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face

First of all, do you have a screen protector on your phone? If so, can you remove this and see if this yellow mark is still visible. If it is, make sure your software is up to date. 

If the mark is still visable after trying the above, test it in safe mode. Lastly if it is still visible I would suggest a software repair using Xperia Companion.

If the mark is still visible after trying all of the above I would then suggest contacting your Local support as it is likely a hardware issue and they will need to help you with the steps to resolve this. 

Good luck and let me know if you need any further help with any of the above steps Grinning Face with smiling Eyes

Inhabitant
Message 30 of 126
Message 30 of 126

Is it normal a yellowish line at the side of the screen?

I noticed it when I use clear themes..