account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 124
Message 1 of 124

Yellow stain on display

Hi. I have been using my Xperia XA for two months. Everything was ok, but some days ago a yellow stain in the screen appeared. I have not submited pressure on it. I use to keep the Phone into my pocket and my desk. Have somebody experienced the same issue? Now the stain is growing. I Will take my Phone to costumer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 124
Message 25 of 124

Re: Yellow tint on display

Hi @Kakish, sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Is the yellow tint always visible or can you only see it in certain applications? Try running the display test in your phone and see if you are able to see the yellow tint in here.

You can find the test in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Display.

If you can see it in here your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you if you contact them.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

123 REPLIES 123
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 124
Message 2 of 124

Re: Display

Hi @vrivera11,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this Slightly frowning Face

Because this is a hardware issue it is best to contact your Local support team to arrange a repair.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 3 of 124
Message 3 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

I do not mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I have the same issue. I set phone down to charge one night and next morning there was a small brown mark on Lcd that slowly got bigger over the last 3 weeks.

My question is if they will try to squirm out of warranty by saying it is somehow my fault? Phone isn't even 6 months old yet and LCD seems to be failing already
One time poster
Message 4 of 124
Message 4 of 124

Re: Yellow stain on display

Hello and what about your warranty Did they exchange your phone?

Learner
Message 5 of 124
Message 5 of 124

Yellow tint

Hello, i have Sony XA and it is just a 6 months old. I use it very carefully but an annoying yellow tint has appeares on the right hand side of the phone. I have tried to change rgb levels, tried to cooler but no result! Sony's technical service is a disaster in Turkey. I used to have Z3 and they could not fix it in 5 months! Can anyone offer me a solution? I will never ever have a Sony mobile anymore!
Visitor
Message 6 of 124
Message 6 of 124

Yellow spot on screen

I got the movile less than a month ago and a little yellow transparent spot appeared on the screen at the begining it wasnt a big de al but it has become larger and larger as time passes is there any solution form this problem?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 124
Message 7 of 124

Re: Yellow spot on screen

Hi @JuanRamos, welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I would like to confirm which phone model that you have since you have posted in the XA 1 Ultra section on our forum and this phone has not yet been released. You can find the model number on your phone in Settings > About phone.

Is this yellow spot always present, or can it only be seen in certain applications?

There is a inbuilt test in the phone called Diagnostics where you can test certain functions in the phone, such as the speakers, microphone and so forth. In this test there is also a Display test which I would recommend that you run. That way we can see if you can see the yellow spot can be seen in this test as well. The test is found in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Display. Is the yellow spot present in this test?

If it is could you try rebooting your phone in safe mode and run the same test again  This is done so we can make sure that this isn't caused by a third party application that you have downloaded and installed in your phone. These applications won't be loaded while the phone is rebooted in safe mode!

Let me know how it goes and get back to me with which phone model that you have! Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 8 of 124
Message 8 of 124

I made the test and the yellow spot was still there when the screen turned white

Visitor
Message 9 of 124
Message 9 of 124

Also the phone model is the XA Ultra

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 124
Message 10 of 124

Hi again!

Sorry to hear that the yellow spot is visible in the screen test as well. Slightly frowning Face

Based on the troubleshooting that you have done, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre. To have it sent to one of them, I'd recommend getting in contact with your Local support team and they will gladly assist you with this.

Since they are the experts on your market they can answer any questions that you may have regarding service routines, warranty, consumer laws and so forth!

@Cagrika, I would recommend that you run the same display test in your phone  and if these spots are visible here, get in touch with your local support team for further assistance with having the phone sent it.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause for both of you.