account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia xa keeps turning itself off

One time poster
Message 1 of 37
Message 1 of 37

Xperia xa keeps turning itself off

My phone when in use will randomly either restart or turn itself off with no reason. Will also sometimes trim off half way through the 1st screen when you turn on, very frustrating!
36 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 37
Message 2 of 37

Re: Xperia xa keeps turning itself off

Hi @Sambrown22,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

Can you please take out the SIM card and SD card and let me know if the same problem happens?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 37
Message 3 of 37

I am seeing the same behaviour on my XA!

Yesterday the phone turned itself off despite being almost fully charged (about 95%) and everytime I tried to turn it back on it would turn off again before completing the boot up procedure. After an hour or so, it seemed to resolve itself and worked fine for about 12 hours, when it then did the same thing.

I then spent several hours trying to get the phone to work, removed sim card and SD card, which made no effect.  Turned off the WiFi in my home, also no effect.  Performed a software fix using the Sony software on my PC, also no effect.  Then just as I was giving up it turned on again and I began reconfiguring my phone (Consequence of performing software fix!).

Today, my phone has worked fine, until it suddenly turned off again when I went to check an email.  I am now once again repeatidly trying to turn my phone on with no success!

Visitor
Message 4 of 37
Message 4 of 37

I have the same problem almost 2months now! It has been taken to Sony service center in Croatia and they keep returning it to me saying either they fixed it with factory reset or they say that haven't found any problem. The phone is Sony experia F3111. Is there any solution for our problem?? I can't predict the shutdown. Last night it went off 2times at 1:30 am and around 6am (it woke me up because the sound of shutting down was so loud). If there is some bug with this model please let me me know because it is really irritating and it seems it cannot be fixed.
Visitor
Message 5 of 37
Message 5 of 37

For the record, I don't use SD card, and last advice was to use it without any apps from Google play (doesn't help) and I have tried with 2 Sim card. What is next advice??
Rookie
Message 6 of 37
Message 6 of 37

Hi,  I've had the same problem. Each time while charging the phone.  Using "Here" GPS in the car hooked on 12V, and then during the night, still charging without using it. Got late at work because the alarm doesn't work when phone is off. 

Please Help!  It is very irritating. 

Visitor
Message 7 of 37
Message 7 of 37

I have the same problem in my xperia xa! I Took yesterday to the service center of the operator vodafone in portugal.
I'm afraid they'll return the phone with the same problem. As you have already reported here, is not possible to predict the shutdown, it can happen repeatedly or hang on for a few hours until it goes off. As we have already said, it is an irritating situation.

I bought  my xperia xa on november 2016.

One time poster
Message 8 of 37
Message 8 of 37

Same here since Thursday. 

Already had something similar with my old SP. 

I love Sony, but come on. 

Visitor
Message 9 of 37
Message 9 of 37

Finally got my cellphone from the repair service (vodafone Portugal) ... they just said they replaced the main board.
But as soon as I turned the phone on, the touchpad was not working! The focus of the keys was constantly changing, impossible to write any thing.

Conclusion: the phone remained in the vodafone repair service!

And i'm tired of sony mobiles and vodafone!!!!

Regular
Message 10 of 37
Message 10 of 37

I'll see what happens next. Gave my phone to the shop yesterday. Thay said i should get it back in 3-4 weeks.