account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA randomly not charging and yellow stain on screen

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia XA randomly not charging and yellow stain on screen

I decided to bought an Xperia end february.

Until now, very happy with the phone but for like a week or two, no way to charge it correctly.

Example, yesterday night, I decided to put it in charge at 23.45 before going to sleep. Phone was at 34% and the orange led (charging) was on. This mornign at 5.55 (early bird), 21%!!!! 

Did shut down the phone and plugged it the back to charge it. No success. unplugged everything and put it back. Charging!

I also remember that I couldn't charge it at first try on a computer for a reason or another after a lot of try, finaly was able to charge it!

There is als a yellow trace/stain on the screen near the SIM/SD card slot... very strange.

For a phone of that price, I am really disapointed in Sony..

Hope they find a fix for the charging thing!

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia XA randomly not charging and yellow stain on screen

Hi @Olivier_Cesar

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear about that, sounds frustrating Slightly frowning Face

Have you been using the same cable to charge the phone with your numerous attempts? If you have, can you try another cable and see if you still have this issue?

Let me know Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

the same happened to me with the yellow stains  on the left edge (Sim card side)

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Finally sent it back for repair.

Also noticed that the ambiant light sensor was really slow.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Also have that problem with charging.. Charged it the whole night still 24%,tried dying the battery out of juice and restarting it; no effect, seems to worsen since it only charges up to 18%!

I literally want to throw my phone away, can't even use it smoothly.. I'm so frustrated I wished i didn't got excited and updated it to nougat.. Bad move. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have the same problem, the yellow stain near the sim card.

I bought a Xperia XA Ultra in Movistar Peru in January of this year, which showed a yellow stain on the screen in less than 2 months of use. Sony's service technician changed the screen and showed a yellow stain again. Then they changed it for a new Xperia XA Ultra and now again the same problem is showing up for the 3rd time.

I want to know how many cases like this were reported.  Thank you.