account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 49
Message 31 of 49

Re: Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

Hi, sorry to hear that both of you are experiencing the same behaviour. Slightly frowning Face

@MommaM, If you have already done all the troubleshooting in this thread I'm afraid that I can only recommend having your phone examined by a technician at an authorized service centre.

Your Local support team will arrange a repair for you and answer any questions that you have may have regarding the service.

@daNiRusu, Have you tried any of the troubleshooting in this thread? If you haven't I recommend doing so!

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 32 of 49
Message 32 of 49

Hi, 

I was planning on buying the Xperia XA Ultra, but then hit upon this thread. Can anyone who have faced this issue confirm if it is now resolved and if so what steps were taken. 

It will help me decide if I should go for this phone or not. 

Thanks, 

Learner
Message 33 of 49
Message 33 of 49

Dear Sony Support Team,

I've experienced exactly the same issue with the microphone.

I performed all the tests and still other side cannot hear me usually.

This is only one of the issues this phone has.

Other issue is that after two or three days without phone restart touchscreen doesn't react on finger. I have to repeat touch for 2-3 times to make it work. When I perform the test it says that everything is okay.

After restart it works for few calls (no microphone issues) and 2-3 days without touchscreen issues.

This is really embarassing for Sony devices...

Good luck guys with your Sonys, you'll need it.

Message 34 of 49
Message 34 of 49

Hi all frndz,

I was spoken with sony executive regarding the same issue sound not clear while calling ( other end people cant hear properly ) but they suggested do softeware repair its not work in my knowled sony does not have solution so only they saying this kind of things.

customer care no 18001037799

mail ID : questions.in@support.sonymobile.com

Sony Xperia Support
Message 35 of 49
Message 35 of 49

Hello everyone!

@Boris_V, I'm sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried performing a software repair using Xperia Companion? If you haven't done that I would recommend that you do that for both the microphone and the touch screen troubles.

Do note that the software repair will delete all data on stored on the internal storage so it's important to backup using Xperia Companion before starting with the repair.

@murugareddy2012, sorry to hear about your phone.

If the software repair didn't solve this your device needs to be examined by a trained technician at an authorized service and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you so I'd recommend that you get in touch with them.

Keep me posted!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Message 36 of 49
Message 36 of 49

i hope u wakeup from sleep ,
sony talk one of the guy replaced its main mic in sony service center but did not work i saw in talk.sony 

just stop saying useless idea k 
how the same issue came cross the country .
did u saw one egypt guy had the same issue.

already sony name start spoiling k u will not make it  fast .

one i clear understood from ur side u have not solution .
yet stop wasting my value time talking the sleeping team.....................

HOW ITS WORKING FINE AFTER RESTART IF HARD WARE ISSUE ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 37 of 49
Message 37 of 49

Hi again!

Since you are still experiencing this behaviour and you have tried all the troubleshooting that can be done, my recommendation is that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

I'm sorry that you and other users are experiencing this behaviour.

One time poster
Message 38 of 49
Message 38 of 49

I am also tested in  diagnostic mode, there the mic performs perfectly well. I always keep simple network settings in GSM only.  I need to shout to hear my voice to caller at other end. I shown handset to service Centre they checked in diagnostic mode and told phone is OK. Since I have got only 6months warranty to this new handset warranty because this is the replacement to my old expria phone. This is from day one issue... Please take this problem seriously.. Since this is a global issue with this model please SONY give justice to their customers 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 39 of 49
Message 39 of 49

Hi @Msat, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I'm not familiar with how service routines works outside the market that I'm situated in but you should be able to request that they troubleshoot your phone a bit more than just testing the microphone in the diagnostics test in your phone. For more information about local service routines I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team.

You can also try with another SIM card, preferably from another operator in your phone if you haven't done that, so we can rule out that this is caused by the network.

Keep me posted!

One time poster
Message 40 of 49
Message 40 of 49

I owned the Xperia Z and had to change phones because of this exact issue so I know how frustrating it is. I was considering the XA Ultra and decided to check if there was the same issue years later. Low and behold Sony still has the same issue! Too bad the XA Ulra looks like a nice phone but having people hear me is important to me lol... How hard can it be to have a working microphone seriously?!