account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

Regular
Message 41 of 49
Message 41 of 49

Re: Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim- Call volume issue

I have the exact same problem, and I have just bought my phone 3 months ago and also started at the first month. 

I am sure that is not a network problem 

I did the mic test it was fine 

I ve to use a headset to be able to talk 

Very frustrating 

I've been buying Sony cellphone for years 

I guess it's time to change 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 42 of 49
Message 42 of 49

Hi @tony33, welcome to our community!

I'm glad to hear that you are interested in purchasing an Xperia XA Ultra and I totally understand your concern.

If you decide to purchase a Xperia XA Ultra I really do hope that you will not experience this kind of behavior. Do note that we offer warranty on our products and if there is something wrong with the device you can have it repaired under warranty, as long as there is no external damage to the device.

@Rasha-fathi, sorry to hear about your phone.

Have you had the chance to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion? This way we can rule out that this is caused by the software in your phone.

If there is no change after the software repair has been completed, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will arrange a repair for you.

I'm sorry for any and all inconveniences this may cause.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 43 of 49
Message 43 of 49

This same thing happen to my mobile same model brought less 4months from today. By the time  I tried to call service center to fix the appointment for service and also try to fix it without any hardware or software.

Trouble start when i was hearing disturbing sound while anserwering to phone calls and later no volume at all and then i started using headphone.

Solution: - I use vaccum clearner near ear piece and hair dryer with miniuim heat near to ear piece for about a 60sec and its working but volume i very low as 40% hearing in full volume. I am now looking for volume enchanments.

But from now on i will never recommand sony mobile phone to any one. Better to have any chinese cheap mobile or samsung than spending on "SONY" brand name.

Message 44 of 49
Message 44 of 49

Excatly i too have the same problem,. whenever a call comes, i cant hear the sound even if sound is ON. After resarting the Xa Ultra, the problem getsw resolved and this is repeating several times a day.

I trusted SONY brand and purchased but now i am confused, Please help please

Sony Xperia Support
Message 45 of 49
Message 45 of 49

Hi @AleemSyed021, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

I'm not quite sure that I understand the behaviour you are experiencing, can you not hear the counterpart when answering a call or do you not hear the ring tone being played when you have an incoming call?

Please try and reboot your phone in safe mode and see if you experience the same behaviour when third party applications aren't loaded.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 46 of 49
Message 46 of 49

Re: Bad call sound

Sony can fix this error. More problems after each update.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 47 of 49
Message 47 of 49

Hi @Jiřin82, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Have you had the chance to try any of the troubleshooting that I have previously recommended in this thread? If you haven't, I would recommend doing so!

Let me know how it goes!

One time poster
Message 48 of 49
Message 48 of 49

I am have the same issues, And it's only in the service center since I brought (around 6month). 7time I gave it for service, but not resolved. Pethatic mobile I ever used.

They repairs, re placed,  re repairs... But no result. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 49 of 49
Message 49 of 49

Hi @Arunkumarnkl, very sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Since the device has been sent to service that many times and this has not yet been resolved, please get in touch with your Local support team on how to proceed with this case. They are the experts on your market/region and will be able to provide you with a much more detailed answer than I can regarding consumer laws in your country.

Feel free to keep me posted!